Reel Service though Alan Tani

Started by Bryan Young, May 11, 2012, 07:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveL

The light weight titanium line carriage part #1300018 is more expensive (around $40)

sweeptheswamp

Thanks for the information.  I may have purchased one from DadsOletackle on eBay but it was a couple of years ago.

SteveL

The ones I bought were also from DadsOleTackle off ebay.  I checked there and they didn't have the two parts listed in stock. 

Jerry Foran is sometimes a little hard to get on the phone, but you can look on his website and try calling in the afternoon.  He is very helpful when you do get him.

Another place that might have some of the older 23313 guides is Mat's Reel Repair (https://matsreelrepair.com/reel-parts), but their parts are not online so you have to call.

In a pinch, I could part with one of mine, but I'm not really looking to sell them.

Of course, the older chrome non-titanium guides can be found for around $6.

sweeptheswamp

You have all of the answers and have been of great help.  I installed one on an older 5500C several years ago and can swap line guides if I absolutely have to have one and can't find one on the shelf at a reasonable price.  I think I also paid about $12.50 for the titanium line guide several years ago.  They have really gone up.  Fishing Tackle Unlimited in Houston is nearby and I can check with them.  Thank you, Tommy

SteveL

Quote from: sweeptheswamp on March 03, 2021, 01:30:33 AM
You have all of the answers and have been of great help.  I installed one on an older 5500C several years ago and can swap line guides if I absolutely have to have one and can't find one on the shelf at a reasonable price.  I think I also paid about $12.50 for the titanium line guide several years ago.  They have really gone up.  Fishing Tackle Unlimited in Houston is nearby and I can check with them.  Thank you, Tommy

Glad to be of help, but just to clarify -- Alan has all the answers.   I've got some mostly related to Ambassadeurs.  ;D

alantani

thanks!  yeah, for this one, i had no clue!!!!!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!