Question on 115l drag

Started by weedline, July 15, 2009, 03:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weedline

My uncle gave me his 115l and a really stiff rod a few days ago because he had no use for it. It is spooled with straight 80# mono. The rod is about 7 feet tall. I wanted to see how much drag the 9/0 had so i tied a 20# dumbbell to the end of the line. I lifted he rod up and it moved about six inches and picked the weight up, then the drag started to slip. Is this rod to stiff? Or could i beef up the drag on the 9/0?
       Thanks,
                 Ryan

alantani

here's the post on rods.....  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=5.0  your reel should deliver up to 30 pounds of drag!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

weedline

I am going to do the rod test and get the right one. Ad the 9/0 is an older one and has three drag washers and i was looking on mysticparts and they sell some that come with 5 ht-100s. If i buy the ht-100s will it make it have more drag?

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

alantani

yes, get the 5 stack drag set with the metal washers and a small tub of cal's grease.  also, order up an extra #6-114 drag washer to put underneath the main gear.  you should be very happy with the new drag system.   alan

weedline

K i will order the other washer and thankyou for the advice.

alantani