New here!! Question about senator drag?

Started by vinestbrew, July 21, 2009, 09:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinestbrew

Hi Alan I have seen many posts of yours on various other boards and have found them extremely helpful. Thanks!! I have a penn 114hlw and was having problems with the drag slipping so I tore it down and replaced it. However now when I crank the drag down the star drag tightens all the way down to the side plate. It's almost as if the spacing sleeve is to short. Anything I should look for?

vinestbrew

Another thing to add when the spring disk is installed the drag slips, with it removed the drag doesn't slip?

alantani

i don't have a full rebuild post on the 114h, so check the schematics https://www.mysticparts.com/Assets/images/pennparts/schematics/114h_post.pdf and make sure you have all the washers in proper order.  it actually sounds like the carbon/metal washer stack is not tall enough.  that might account for the fact that the star is bottoming out.  there are two thick wave washers.  perhaps try putting the thin one underneath the spacing tube.  you will know that there is NOT enough room if the handle binds up when the drag is backed off.  alan

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

vinestbrew

Alan, I added an few extra drag washers and it's seems to have solved the problem. I'm assuming  this will increase my Drag settings and if so what are the chances of damaging the gears.

alantani

you should be good for 80# mono and 24#'s of drag without any problems. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!