POWELL PIC

Started by HOLEINTHEWATER, June 22, 2012, 07:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nessie Hunter

Southern Calif is split on the striper limit..

Kern County and north its 2 over 18"...
Down south of Kern Co its 10 Stripers no size limit...
They overtake our lakes and the Bass & other fishing suffers.  Many are trying to get the Limit raised "no limit" or at least 20+..
They are very good eating (from what Iam told).   
So with a Larger limit the population would be kept in check??? and the LMBass anglers would be much happier!!

I am one of those Bass (LMB) anglers.   I say take all you want......
they breed like cockroaches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Tile

I totally agree with the removal of carp from Lake Utah. The carp isn't a native species to the lake and it has to go.
In solid fiberglass we trust

HOLEINTHEWATER

I REMEMBER A FEW YEARS BACK, WHEN THERE WAS 8 OR SO BOATS FISHING A SCHOOL OF STRIPERS. WHEN WAYNE SHOWED UP. I ASHED HIM HOW MANY STRIPERS HE THOUGHT WERE IN THIS SCHOOL. HE SAID BETWEEN 5000 AND 10000.

Handcrafters

When I was in the SF bay area I cooked my stripers this way.

filet the fish, remove the dark stipe on meat
Place corn meal and some McCormick season all in a brown paper bag, drop in fish, shake, drop into hot oil and remove when light brown.  We would catch some in the evening at Alameda Naval Air and fix them for lunch.

also reminds me of a funny story, when I married my wife she said, "you catch it and I'll clean it and cook it"  Well that sounded good to me.  The first time I came home and put a 20# striper in the sink she said, "get that thing out of my kitchen, it stinks", it was only cought 1 hr. earlier in the evening.  It's ok, we are no longer together....Lynn   

jechterhoff

Brian posts on 2Coolfishing.com often.  Great pics always.  JEE
For God So Loved The World, He Did Not Send A Committee

HOLEINTHEWATER

LIFE IS GOOD. WENT FISHING AT A LOCAL LAKE (BARTLETT). WE BROUGHT HOME 20 CHANNEL CATS FOR THE TABLE.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

wow! majestic sight.....

seaeagle2

Keep posting pictures, you're gradually convincing my wife this a trip we need to do.
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

HOLEINTHEWATER

we will be heading to Powell this time next week. going for five days. They took the limit of walleye this year. going to try little harder to help out. The large mouth bass have been coming back strong on the lake also. Going to try and make a video this trip.

HOLEINTHEWATER

HOLEINTHEWATER

talk to you all in later headed to Powell.
ICE BURG CANYON

kamuwela

you sure shoot some fine pic's, absolutely beautiful.

Dominick

Great looking country.  I am starting to feel like I have to go to Lake Powell.  By the way when I first looked at the photo it looked like there was a giant crocodile in the foreground.  Did anyone else get that impression.  If not go back and look at the photograph and report your observations.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bruce

Hey Dominick I see what you mean, and I do have my glasses on.
  How about you?

buzz
Buzz

alantani

that's funny.  i actually found it.  does anyone see the cow in the middle?  his nose sticks out the most. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!