ROD STORAGE SOLUTIONS/OPTIONS

Started by LTM, June 29, 2012, 09:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LTM

Hey Guys,

Need photos of your rod storage solutions that you've come-up with?  BTW, when posting please let me know if you have more rods than reels or more reels than rods and why?

Thanx,

Leo

LTM

Hey you guys purposefully ignoring me or is this post someplace else  ???

Leo

Bryan Young

Dude, relax. If many are like me, they may not see all of the new postings. My rods are wall leaners and my reels are in the plastic drawers on rollers. Nothing fancy and it works.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

LTM

Im relaxed Bryan see  :) .  Just thought I would see if anyone noticed.

Thank you very much for your suggestions,

Leo

Nessie Hunter

Couple of old pics.  Quick Photobucket search...
I use the Okuma Rod Racks from Turners outdoors.  I look for them on sale $10 to $15 each..
They can wall mount or free stand (like I use them)...
Hold 16 rods each....
Reels I keep in Cabinet along with Baits, Line, pliers & Boga Grips etc etc etc (stuff)..LOL

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

LTM

Thanx Nessie Hunter,

Im going to keep my eyes open to catch those racks on sale.  Thanx man for taking time out to share your photos.

Leo

Nessie Hunter

Quote from: LTM on July 05, 2012, 03:12:03 AM
Thanx Nessie Hunter,

Im going to keep my eyes open to catch those racks on sale.  Thanx man for taking time out to share your photos.

Leo

A quick google search shows that they are available at most Sporting good Stores. Okuma & Walmart...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Okuma-Expandable-ABS-Wall-Mount-Fishing-Rod-Rack/9721456

I use them as you see, Double and together free standing. 
They can be used flat against the wall for 8 rods or 16 rods attached to wall??
Or separate (2 ~ 8 rod, sides to each one)...
Even saw a Video of one guy who used 8 rod for Fishing rods and second half for 8 Brooms/Mops etc in garage....

I also look for them on Sale for $10 to $15...   
Dont need any right now, Have actually gotten rid of about 20 rods and 15+ reels I just didnt need ~ Most donated.....
Almost all of that Terminal tackle you see from Closet is gone also!!!!!
Sometimes Less is more.. !!!
I can actually find what Im looking for now..   LOL :-)

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

alantani

all of mine are piled up on top of each other in a corner of the garage.......   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Looks like I won't be doing any fishing when I finally decide to stop over and say hello  :-\ , I'll be busy building you a custom rod rack ;D.
Bad example boss! But then again, you might have something there...life's too short.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

I though you were building a reel case Sal?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

onemako

I used 2 inch pvc pipe and eye bolts to attach them above my garage door. I used two pvc pipes about 7 feet apart and hung them where they would clear the garage door when it was opened. Mine or about 6 feet wide and used two sets one on each side of the electric door opener device. Each set will hold about 12 rods. The eye bolts are attached to a large s hook that is screwed into the ceiling floor joists.

Norcal Pescador

About equal number of rods and reels. Freshwater rods in a vertical rack, fly rods in their tubes and saltwater in a 4-inch PVC pipe. If I fished the big pond more, I'd have the salt rods in a rack, too. :-\
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

locknut

For marital bliss I have found that fishing stuff is best kept tidy. Hey I have the best wife in the world but everything has its limits. Striped reels on the dinning table and lures on the lounge floor can only be left for so long. So the big expensive rigs go in a locked cabinet with heavy duty sliding bases so you can get the ones at the back out without scratching the front ones and the small expensive ones are on home made racks. It is interesting how all the rigs once fit in the cabinets and now the (there is no way I will fill those racks) are now full with stuff now leaning in the corners. I'm sure I am not the only one with this expansion problem, am I. I have the same # of rods as reels doesn't everyone?

LTM

Locknut, you really went to work creating "custom cabinetry" for your rods.  Those drawer slide's for your trolling reel holder's are "the bee's knee's" (keeping it family friendly). 

All of your comments/idea's are why I enjoy this site.  You guys get my mind/imigination into "professional over-run" all the time (as-if I need assistance with that).  What a great idea "Mr. Locknut": "custom closet/room cabinetry for fishing equipment".  Locknut you may have started a whole new section on the fourm with pdf files of drawings/schematics (you CAD guys), more photos, and "pimped-out" area's of the man-cave's.

As an old childhood friend/surgeon would say: "aint nut'n but sumt'n to do".

Thanx again all,

Leo

redsetta

Nice work Jeremy, thanks for sharing.
Those Duels are really something - are there six in there?
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer