ROD STORAGE SOLUTIONS/OPTIONS

Started by LTM, June 29, 2012, 09:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

locknut

Well spotted Justin a heap of saved up pocket money though a couple of the 6/0s came off trade me.
Jeremy

day0ne

Here's what I do:

More reels than rods (I think)
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Tile

In solid fiberglass we trust

George4741

Nice setup.  I'll probably do my garage this way.  BTW is this your man cave , the garage, or both. ;)
viurem lliures o morirem

day0ne

Quote from: George4741 on August 14, 2012, 01:22:12 AM
Nice setup.  I'll probably do my garage this way.  BTW is this your man cave , the garage, or both. ;)

Mancave aka spare bedroom. I don't keep any tackle I care about in the garage. Too hot (TX) and not secure
David

George4741

Quote from: day0ne on August 14, 2012, 04:13:07 AM
Quote from: George4741 on August 14, 2012, 01:22:12 AM

Mancave aka spare bedroom. I don't keep any tackle I care about in the garage. Too hot (TX) and not secure

Foolish me. :-[  I should know better.  If I'd looked more carefully I would have noticed little details that you don't normally see in a garage. ;D
George
viurem lliures o morirem

LTM

DayOne,

Nice man cave.  What are you using to suspend your rods from the cealing?

Thanx,

Leo

day0ne

Quote from: LTM on August 14, 2012, 04:57:46 PM
DayOne,

Nice man cave.  What are you using to suspend your rods from the cealing?

Thanx,

Leo

10' 1x4 with 20 2" holes for the butts. and 10' 1x2 with large cup hooks for the tips. I took some 1x4's about 18' long and routed a groove down the middle of the 4' side to accept the 1x4' and 1x2's. I screwed and glued them on. I used 3 on each 10' section. I then drilled holes in the 18" sections for molly screws or screws into the rafter. I put 4 holes in each section, but didn't use all of them. To recap, I have 3 18" sections of 1x4 screwed and glued perpendicular to the 10' boards. These 18" sections lay flat on the ceiling and are screwed to it. Clear as mud??
David

steelfish

Im having my rods in this wall rod hanger, really nice, simple and decorative, even wife approved it
some have guns to show I have fishing rods to show when you take the hall to the guess bathroom

the only problem is the "teeth" size, on my big 12.6" surf rod the bottom section dont fit on the hanger teeth as well as my rail rod, other than that all my other rods are there

my reels are storage on individual clothe bags inside that cabinet on the picture
The Baja Guy

foakes

Each section holds 32 rods --

There are possibly about 400 here -- and they stay accessible.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Long Enuff

Tiddlerbasher

steelfish

thanks Fred,  now I can show my wife the pics you just posted and tell her that Im not nuts for having 8 rods

The Baja Guy

foakes

Quote from: steelfish on September 09, 2016, 12:00:42 AM
thanks Fred,  now I can show my wife the pics you just posted and tell her that Im not nuts for having 8 rods

There are no known degrees of perceived more or less "nutness" with wives.

She will just consider me really nuts --

And unfortunately -- you will still be nuts.

God Bless all of the women who put up with us...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

jurelometer

Like Fred,  I prefer vertical storage.

Here is a storage cube and a rack that I had designed a while back.   I like  the cubes, as they can easily be moved, and can even be angled horizontally  to allow the rack to be carried through doors or tight places.  If you don't store your reels on the rods, you can fit  a bunch of rods  in a very small space.  The inshore/freshwater model holds 18 rods,  the offshore model holds 15.

The tall skinny rack is something I whipped up to store fly rods in a closet.   The whole rack can be easily moved in/out of the closet, and the dividers are adjustable.

The downside is that when you see all your rods in one place, it is more difficult to convince yourself that you need more :-).   

-J