Abu Garcia 6600 C4

Started by FirePro911, July 01, 2012, 01:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken_D

Hello.. Garcia's site show 2 CL's, but no CLW's. (either/or reel never seen or sold here)  That said, about the only "intuitive" place bearing #5 could be, is in the brake plate 23163.

Just for poop and giggles, I'll send a note to Purefishing, and ask abour bb #5.    Cheers, KD.

Keta

I think it is in the handle.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

FirePro911

Yea, I need to tear it down for a good cleaning as I have had it for about two years and never messed with it. Once I tear it down I should be able to find it.

To many irons in the fire these days with everything I work on between two jobs. lol!

Here is the link to the schematic from eReplacementparts.com for the SM 6600 CLW . Bottom of the foot # is 05 00 05 and the schematic says it is for the 6600 CLW (05 00) Ambassadeur SM Parts. I went through the list and only saw 4 bearings.

Found this info on another forum.

QuoteOn the SM6600CLW - I'm very familiar with them. They were the upmarket version of the "S" series reels and featured many more ball bearings than the S's. They represented Abu's first shot at building an aluminum-framed reel and are the predecessors of the Morrums. The issue these reels had is that the thumb cutout at the rear of the frame was VERY tight on the 3600 and 5600-sized frames. The "W" stood for having the large counter-balanced "Power Handle" or at least I believe that's what it was.