Left handed 4/0 conversion

Started by Roger, August 06, 2009, 07:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger

Alan, got a question. A friend of my sons bought a 4/0 Special LH conversion with maroon sideplates. The reel seems to be in real good shape and the only problem he has with it is that the drag is #### backwards, forward to loosen it and back towards you to tighten. I talked to the lady at MysticParts this afternoon and she said that was normal for a conversion like that on a 4/0 special and that there was nothing you could do about it. It looks to me like a gear sleeve from a 231GTi might work (or not). Need your advise and opinion. Help Mister Wizard.....

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

alantani

this one is easy!  you need a #98-321LH gear sleeve and a #10-321LH star from the penn 321 GTI.  i think i might have a set laying around, somewhere.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Roger

Alan, thanks for the quick reply. I was hoping that the 321 gear sleeve would work. I'm interested in the sleeve and star if you them on hand. PM sent
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain