Well it serves me right for being impatient...

Started by jechterhoff, July 14, 2012, 01:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jechterhoff

While replacing the spool bearings on my CU 200E7, everything went fine until I attempted to put the spring retainer clip back over the new bearing and...BOIINNGGGG! Disappeared into space. I found a friend said he was sending me the clips to continue.  They are going to be mailed to me today. BTW, I DID keep my thumb on one side...

Tonight I was more careful in installing orange seals in the CU 300E.  Besides having the fine feeling of doing it the first time by myself, all I have to say is WOW!  I think the spool is still spinning by itself in the other room.  Just unbelievable.  Now, if I just had someplace here in Amarillo to whaylay a casting plug.  It'll be Rockport in Qct. when it's a bit cooler.  Thanks for your encouragement.  Oh, BTW again.  When I removed the cap on the handle/stardrag side of the 300E, there was no spring.  Someone please tell me there's not supposed to be one there!   ???  JEE.
For God So Loved The World, He Did Not Send A Committee

alantani

there is not supposed to be one, but check the schematics to be sure!  sorry, couldn't resist....   ;D

good job!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

jechterhoff

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.  Are the pentagon retainer clips really not needed?
For God So Loved The World, He Did Not Send A Committee

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!