Ardent Reel Butter-any opinions?

Started by solsrf1, July 14, 2012, 07:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solsrf1

I saw this Ardent Reel Butter at West Marine and elsewhere, seems to look like a good lubricant in a small package. I do not need a pound or a grease gun cartridge for my smaller jobs. Anyone have any opinions on this or a smaller quantity for servicing Abu Toro, Revo, and Ambass. 5500's, 6500's.  Thanks Mike

http://www.amazon.com/Ardent-0201-Reel-Butter-Grease/dp/B001H54MC4/ref=pd_sim_sg_2

I tried it before I discovered the advise on this site.  I didnt like it. It seemed to quickly disappear from points I placed it.  Marine grease does such a better job staying put on gear teeth.  Daiwa Blue grease isnt bad but their new version is much like Ardent or Penn's grease.  Just not on par with marine grease.

akfish

You can buy small one ounce tubes of the new Penn grease. It's good stuff.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

alantani

i have a whole box full of assorted ardent products that i was supposed to review and have just been too busy.  they are probably fine. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Jim

Quote from: akfish on July 14, 2012, 01:15:46 PM
You can buy small one ounce tubes of the new Penn grease. It's good stuff.

I love those little tubes!
So easy to squirt a dab into screw holes or anywhere you want to put a small bit of grease into an exact spot.
Probably have 5 in my tackle room, ALWAYS have a couple with my tools on a LR trip.