Shimano Spheros 5000F Questions

Started by miamipescador, July 17, 2012, 08:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miamipescador

Hey guys, had a friend stop by and drop off 2 reels to me today. First one was a penn 850 which i have done before and am comfortable with, even though it was gunky as heck. But this i have never worked on and the owner said he tried to service it and a piece dropped, the piece being what i believe to be the worm shaft retainer part 3203. Not really sure how this goes or where and the diagram is no help whatsoever.

Here is the diagram i found
http://schematics.planetseafishing.com/downloads/shimano/fixed-spool/spheros-series/spheros-5000f(91-41).pdf

The reel freely spins both ways, has no oscillation... could all of this be caused from this 1 piece? Here are some pictures.

Thanks

miamipescador

Found where the part goes, but something is still not right in the oscillation...
Can you guys see anything wrong or missing from the pictures?

Bryan Young

I dont' know about that extra part, but under the plate where the worm gear is near, there are 2 screws.  If you take off those two philips screws, there will be a worm pawl (Part 2552) is probably damaged.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

miamipescador

Quote from: Bryan Young on July 17, 2012, 10:51:52 PM
I dont' know about that extra part, but under the plate where the worm gear is near, there are 2 screws.  If you take off those two philips screws, there will be a worm pawl (Part 2552) is probably damaged.
Thanks i will check that out now, god i hate shimano spinners....
This is the penn spinner he brought me, look how disgusting it was, yet i had it all cleaned in about an hour

FatTuna

Lol, that's the nastiest inside of a reel that I've ever seen. What was in there?

Porthos

Guessing someone pumped it full of white lithium grease...then saltwater got in and mixed with it to emulsify.

basto

Wow! looks like it`s been growing oysters in there.
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

handi2

When you put the main gear back in does it have oscillation then?
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL