Wider stand for Penn Baja Special?

Started by cooper669, August 13, 2009, 04:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooper669

Is there an aftermarket reel stand or a stand from another reel that has wider reel clamp bolt pattern so the reel will fit on a larger reel seat or a deckhand style rod?

alantani

get the cork puppy from charkbait!  it's at the bottom of this page.  http://charkbait.com/cs/csrodwrap.htm

Cork Puppy
A lot of West Coast fishermen use deckhand style rods, rods with a corktape grip wrap instead of making use of a more typical reel seat with a hypolon or cork handle. The corktape deckhand rods are preferred by long-cast guys - jig fishermen, and those desiring a longer rod and longer casts. Additionally, the deckhand rods allow the fisherman to mount the reel using a rod clamp in a more custom, more comfortable and balanced position, again aiding in longer casts. One drawback of this type of handle/grip is that the reel clamp tends to dig into the cork over time. Applying that clamp's pressure over a larger area reduces the grind on the cork and allows for a more secure mount. The Cork Puppy solves the mounting problem quite well. They fit the majority of rods, and reels made. If your intent is to mount a reel (that has a rod clamp) to a deckhand rod, this product just might be a necessity. There are three sizes, measured by the rod's diameter in the area you intend to mount the reel. It's made of machined 6061-T6 aluminum with type II anodizing.

Buy Description Price
Cork Puppy 25mm Black @ $19.99 $19.99
Cork Puppy 28mm Black @ $19.99 $19.99
Cork Puppy 31mm Black @ $19.99 $19.99
Cork Puppy 25mm Silver @ $19.99 $19.99
Cork Puppy 28mm Silver @ $19.99 $19.99
Cork Puppy 31mm Silver @ $19.99 $19.99
Cork Puppy 25mm Gold @ $19.99 $19.99
Cork Puppy 28mm Gold @ $19.99 $19.99
Cork Puppy 31mm Gold @ $19.99 $19.99

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

cooper669

Alan, what I meant was the reel itself has really narrow bolt holes. Is there any way to widen it with another stand?

alantani

you know, i don't think so.  it's got an aluminum frame with bolt holes tapped in. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!