PERSONAL WATER CRAFT v SNOWMOBILES

Started by Dominick, August 06, 2012, 01:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

I am not a big fan of PWCs ( I only mentioned PWC so that I would not get kicked off the board with a non reel/boat question).  I am a big fan of snowmobiles.  I am in the market for a snowmobile and so I am starting on the learning curve for snowmobiles.  I have googled so much information that it boggles the mind.  However, I need to know which of you members has had snowmobile experience and will be able to tell me what to watch out for while looking at used sleds.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

hey, you can ice fish from a snowmobile.  not a problem!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bruce

Hey dominic   Get ahold of Tod Palin.

I think he is an expert he has won the Alaskan snow machine race several times.

Luck  Buzz
Buzz

coastalobsession

Check fuel lines, wires, and fuel tanks
Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning

Dominick

Quote from: Buzz on August 06, 2012, 06:58:36 AM
Hey dominic   Get ahold of Tod Palin.

I think he is an expert he has won the Alaskan snow machine race several times.

Luck  Buzz

Yeah, maybe I can join his reality show. 

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bruce

Oh Oh I did not capitalize your name. Sorry!

I didn`t know he had one, his daughter did though.
   Hey how about those New Jersey kids.
   I think maybe they need to fish more.
   Actually I think we all need to fish more.

Buzz
Buzz

Dominick

Quote from: Buzz on August 08, 2012, 02:03:50 AM
Oh Oh I did not capitalize your name. Sorry!

I didn`t know he had one, his daughter did though.
   Hey how about those New Jersey kids.
   I think maybe they need to fish more.
   Actually I think we all need to fish more.

Buzz
Buzz:  This whole post was lost on me.  The only thing I watch on TV are the ballgames.  Dominick

Norcal Pescador

Dominick -
Make sure it has a track, too. ;D
Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Dominick

Quote from: alantani on August 06, 2012, 01:37:50 AM
hey, you can ice fish from a snowmobile.  not a problem!   ;D

Phew! Thanks for saving me Alan.  Now look what I bought ( ;) for ice fishing, not playing ;)).  Dominick

Norcal Pescador

Rob

Dominick

Quote from: norcal pescador on August 10, 2012, 05:05:56 PM
Nice toys there Dominico! 8)

Thanks Rob:  If you are going to use the Italian, it's Domenico. What about you are you at an altitude where you get snow?  Domenico

Norcal Pescador

Domenico,  :-[
We get snow about once every 1-3 years. Our house is at just over 600 feet. I'll let you know if we get enough to run the snowmobiles on (happened once in the last 13 years. :-\) 30-45 minute drive to good long-term stuff. I'll let Dom know, too. He really loves the white stuff. ;D
Rob

Alto Mare

Nice toys Dominick! I want to be just like you when I get older...hopefully,only better looking ;D.
I'm glad you're having fun. Life is too short, live it up ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Quote from: norcal pescador on August 11, 2012, 04:48:36 AM
Domenico,  :-[
We get snow about once every 1-3 years. Our house is at just over 600 feet. I'll let you know if we get enough to run the snowmobiles on (happened once in the last 13 years. :-\) 30-45 minute drive to good long-term stuff. I'll let Dom know, too. He really loves the white stuff. ;D

Rob: That's funny.  Dom only hears about snow and he gets the shakes. 

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 11, 2012, 10:04:23 AM
Nice toys Dominick! I want to be just like you when I get older...hopefully,only better looking ;D.
I'm glad you're having fun. Life is too short, live it up ;).

Sal, you'll never be as good looking as me.  I'm not having fun yet.  I have to tear the machines down while the weather is warm to make sure the machines will be dependable when the snow season starts.  I approach snowmobiling like boating.  The vehicles need to be dependable for survival.  It's no fun to be broken down miles away from help whether in a boat or the middle of a blizzard.  In both instances one's life depends on the integrity of the vehicle.  Ok, I'll shut up now.  Dominick

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Pescachaser on August 11, 2012, 01:43:18 PM
Sal, you'll never be as good looking as me.  I'm not having fun yet.  I have to tear the machines down while the weather is warm to make sure the machines will be dependable when the snow season starts.  I approach snowmobiling like boating.  The vehicles need to be dependable for survival.  It's no fun to be broken down miles away from help whether in a boat or the middle of a blizzard.  In both instances one's life depends on the integrity of the vehicle.  Ok, I'll shut up now.  Dominick
Sal,
I notice Dominick didn't mention installing the fish-finders, rod racks and downriggers. ;D

Seriously Dominick, you're spot on when it comes to survivability. Glad to hear you're serious about it.
Rob
Rob