Revo Inshore Questions

Started by mikelowe, August 28, 2009, 06:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikelowe

Hello,  I'm new to this forum, and I'd like to say that your Revo Inshore tutorial is great!

I now feel like I might be able to open mine up and perform some of the upgrades after studying the pictures

I do have couple of questions.

I noticed that in the tutorial that the owner wasn't going to use his reel in the saltwater, so a light oil was applied to all the bearings.    I use mine strictly in the saltwater for salmon in WA state.   My question is should I use corrosion x on just the spool bearing, and grease on all other bearings or should I use corrosion x on all the bearings..........Also should the shields be permanently removed on just the spool bearing or should they be permanently removed on all bearings.

Also what are you using to clean the open spool bearing after a fishing trip when it's attached to the spool....I wouldn't think brake cleaner would be a good choice as it might damage the line on the spool.

Thanks again.

alantani

mike, you're welcomed!  if you're not casting very far, or if you're tossing heavy iron, there's no reason you can't pack the bearings with grease.  otherwise, i'd open up the bearings, clean them with carb cleaner, lube them with corrosion x or xtreme reel + and reinstall them open.  to remove the bearing on the right side of the spool, you'll have to press out the cross pin.  this is shown in the tutorial.  for regular service, i'd crack the reel open after every fishing trip and put a couple of drops of lube in the bearings.  you should be good for a long time if you stick with it!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!