Shimano AR Bearing: How to rebuild the Roller Clutch Assembly.

Started by johndtuttle, August 29, 2012, 08:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johndtuttle

Hey there reel nerds,

My post on maintaining the Stradic FJ 8000 led an ambitious person to get all crazy with their AR Bearing (#6395) and they came to grief :(.

He eventually came across a fine post by MattK that shows you how to do it. I posted one here from a Stradic that has a very similar design to nearly all Shimano spinners and this should be enough for the enterprising to figure it out plus others in the Shimano Lineage.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=15339.0

best

NZMatt

Thank you sir. You have saved my reel  ;D.
It was the noisy part after being dunked in the salt and sand, and needed a clean.  I thought the schematics would have detailed this. Next time I will check before randomly pulling the reel apart.
Cheers

johndtuttle

Quote from: NZMatt on June 03, 2014, 12:40:55 AM
Thank you sir. You have saved my reel  ;D.
It was the noisy part after being dunked in the salt and sand, and needed a clean.  I thought the schematics would have detailed this. Next time I will check before randomly pulling the reel apart.
Cheers

Well we certainly owe a thanks to MattK for that fine post. I would be as lost as the next guy without it. :)

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

johndtuttle

Quote from: alantani on June 03, 2014, 02:39:54 AM
i'm glad someone likes spinners!!!!   ;D

heheh  :D

It's my trouty roots as a teenager spending summers hunting those wascaly wabbits in the Sierras. One of my fondest fishing memories is stalking an 8" trout in a stream 2 feet wide. Took 6 hours and 3-4 hookups/missed bites but I eventually held him in my hands.  :P