Penn 650 SSM

Started by pfcbarnes, September 02, 2009, 12:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pfcbarnes

This has to be the best single source for trouble shooting your favorite reel, I have found on the web. I havn't been able to find much info on spinning reels, I hope you might be able to shed some light on my problem. I have a Penn 650 SSM I use for general fishing and when I loaded the spool with new line, insted of a nice even lay of line on the spool the line is tapered from the top of the spool to less line near the body of the reel. I thought it might have been something I did wrong but I serviced the reel this week and loaded it with new line and I still have the same problem. It is not affecting the fishability of the reel but it cuts down on the amount of line the reel can hold. I would appreciate any assistance you can offer. Thank you

alantani

i'm really not much on spinners.  every once in a while someone will sneak one in on me, but i try to avoid them whenever possible.  sometimes the spool is not shimmed properly.  if the spool is too high, line bunches up at the bottom.  is that what's going on?  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

pfcbarnes

No the line is bunches up at the top of the spool, that is why I can't figure this one out