Aloha via the Olympic Peninsula.

Started by Ron Jones, August 31, 2012, 08:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

Greetings,

Name is Ron and have been following Allen on Salty Dogs and BD for a long long time. I fish anything and everything from Fly trout to Marlin and (sooner than later), Ulua. I call Washington's Olympic Peninsula home and the Navy has me out on Oahu for the next few years.

As far as reels go, I grew up with Mitchel 300s and Penn 500s, squidders etc. Now I am pretty solid on Diawa, although I also have a few Senators and a 320 that I built into a rocket thanks to Alan's tutorial.

So, just sayin' hi.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Norcal Pescador

Hi Ron!

Aloha e komo mai.

Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Alto Mare

Hi Ron.
When I noticed that you were trying to compare the Daiwa to the Senators, I knocked  you right off the site this morning.
Sorry Ron ,I pushed the wrong botton by accident. I'm glad that you came back.
Enjoy your stay.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Nessie Hunter

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 31, 2012, 08:49:24 PM
Hi Ron.
When I noticed that you were trying to compare the Daiwa to the Senators, I knocked  you right off the site this morning.
Enjoy your stay.

Sal

Well that wasn't neighborly. ;D     I hope you didn't do it because he is a Daiwa guy. :D :D
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

George4741

Quote from: norcal pescador on August 31, 2012, 09:34:04 PM
Hi Ron.
When I noticed that you were trying to compare the Daiwa to the Senators, I knocked  you right off the site this morning.
Enjoy your stay.

Sal

Well that wasn't neighborly. ;D     I hope you didn't do it because he is a Daiwa guy. :D :D

You guys slay me. ;D ;D

Hi Ron, welcome to the forum.  I'm glad you're back.  I was raised on the Olympic Peninsula and Sal hasn't got rod of me, yet. ;)
George

Edit:  I meant Sal hasn't got RID of me, yet.  I do know how to spell. :D
viurem lliures o morirem

Ron Jones

OK, I'll be a little more specific. I use my Senators for pulling up ugly tasty things from the bottom, never failed me yet. I use my Diawa Millionare and Sealines for casting and inshore work. I like them both just fine, but I do use the Diawas for 90 percent of my fishing lately.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

alantani

welcome!!!!  hawaii will be nice.  bryan and i have been trying to figure out a time when we can get out.  the only problem is that the wive's will want to come along.  hey, it's a business trip, right?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

broadway

Good recovery... thought Sal was gonna have to come to your house and knock some sense into ya ;D
Welcome aboard Ron!
Dom

Ron Jones

I have decided that their are things I like about Hawaii, but I want to live on the Peninsula, my wife is the exact opposite. Thankfully, space A flight availability means we can visit both often. I was having a lot of fun last week at home, the silvers are running and the trout and yellow perch were hot at the lake, nothing like watching your girls catch fish. If I was their just a bit longer I would have arranged an albacore trip out of Ilwaco (my favorite.)

Ron
Ronald Jones
"

outdoorsaddiction

Makule

Ron,

Aloha.  E komo mai.

Enjoy Hawaii.

Enjoy AT's Forum
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Keta

Hi Ron.

Quote from: noyb72 on September 02, 2012, 07:09:25 AM
If I was their just a bit longer I would have arranged an albacore trip out of Ilwaco (my favorite.)

Who do you fish with out of Ilwaco?

Enjoy your stay.

Sal

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with fat fingers.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Ron, welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood...