Ambassadeur 6600 LD

Started by ssiniscalchi, September 09, 2009, 08:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssiniscalchi

Hello Alan!
I'm a big fan of your tutorials, and thanks to you i have started to work on my friend's reels since a couple of years ago.
Quick question... by any chance, did you crack open an Ambassadeur 6600c3 lever drag? If so, any thoughts, comments of it?
I know there are several ambassadeurs LD, for example the 7000 / 7500 but i can't get any data on the web, so if you know something about these rare reels i'll be more than happy to learn something more from you.

Thanks!!!
Sebastian

alantani

i hope my memory is accurate.  ages ago i came across a lever drag ambassaduer with a cork drag washer.  i chiseled off the cork, glued on a carbon fiber drag washer and the results were amazing.  um, but it took me all day.  haven't bothered with one since.  are you feeling lucky?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

ssiniscalchi

Absolutely, since i'm not a pro i've got plenty of time. The reel in question is an Ambassadeur 6600c3 LD. I'm some sort of ABU collector but i'd like to fish all of them, i don't get the idea of having good reels on a shelf that have never caught a fish.... so as soon as my new adquisition arrives, i'll crack it open and i'll send you a few pictures if you like. Here's the reel in question:

Regards,
Sebastian

alantani

i look forward to you report!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!