Previous topic - Next topic

Marko

Status Report:

the website http://www.murahbagusshop.com/

Murah Bagus Shop
Jl. Martadinata No. 7

95127 MANADO
Indonesia
Phone: 0431-858623 ==> the phone number is fake- an unregistered phone number!

Do not try to make any transaction with this online shop!

end of report ;D

wallacewt

when i went to indonesia a while back and met up with marko i went to a couple of legal tackle shops.their prices were dearer than usa and australia.rods and reels are expensive.i did manage to get a couple of dealers thrown off alibaba and ebay.very similar to what you are seeing here.they advertised a  shop online,not there's, and the owners had never heard of the thieves.

Bryan Young

There you have it guys!

Thank you Marko!!!
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Quote from: Marko on September 20, 2012, 10:36:11 AM
Do not try to make any transaction with this online shop!

end of report ;D

Thank you
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

conchydong

Thanks Marko for taking the time to confirm our suspicions.

Alto Mare

Good job Marko, you saved some members a lot of headaches.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

franky

Yes a BIG THANKS to Marko and this site!  :o

Talk about saving people the grief...

A so called brand new Shimano Trinidad 30a for $263.00...wow, that'll get a lot of attention.

Amazing on how fast the word goes out...

Thanks again.  :)

Dominick

A new name Marko the Narco.  ;D He's our investigative undercover narc.   ;) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

redsetta

Thanks Marko - much appreciated.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Marko

lawaia

Mahalo to you all and especially to MarkoThis site is the best!

I asked the same question on other sites (probably why Panama felt deja vu) and never got as definitive a reply as from Marko.  Some responders immediately jumped to the same conclusion as Nessie Hunter and flamed me for asking an honest question that I thought would benefit everyone either by revealing a great bargain site or a fake/scam site.  Now, thanks to Marko, at least the members of this great site are safe from falling into the trap that he's told us the Murah Bagus site is.  Looks like Murah Bagus must be Indonesian for "more bogus".

Again, mahalo nui loa for your replies and for treating a fellow forum member, who's a frequent reader but seldom posts, fairly and with open and understanding minds.  Bryan, thanks for sticking up for a fellow kanaka (or should I say pah-ke?  ;)).

franky

Howzit Lawaia,

Eh Brah, you Pah-ke too?  Same hea.... ;) 

Thanks for the heads-up topic. The great thing about this site is we all stand up for each other like you did for all of us on this topic...again Mahalo bruddah.  :)

Nessie Hunter pointed out "possible spammer" because his intention, like yours, was to shield us fellow members from possibly tapping in and getting all flooded with spam....Thank you Nessie Hunter.  Please understand, I guess by seeing the amount of posting under your screen name as one (1), lots of others probably thought the same.  :-\ 

For Brian and I, it was a little easier to recognize "not spammer" because us bruddahs come from Hawaii and we recognize some of the pidgin  :D

I'm sure you know, unlike the other "flammers" on the other sites, Nessie Hunter meant well as he always does with all the valuable information that he shares with us all.

Again, thanks to everyone who helped to uncover this retail online scamming site.  I just could not imagine putting in an order, giving a credit card number, and then seeing all of this...what a headache!

Aloha,

Frank  :)     

wallacewt

if the murah bagus shop is legit,they wouldnt even know the thieves are using their shop as a front.thats what the scammers do.they use a photo of the shop with a false phone #; or they are in on it.SHOP LOCALLY.

alantani

we are all looking out for each other.  everytime you turn around, another reel "company" is popping up.  even my garage has turned into something of a mail order house.  i'm sending out a hundred orders a month. i've always insisted on having the purchaser wait until the parts or reels arrive first.  at first, there were only a couple of guys that "lost" things.  with the number of packages going up, the number of guys forgetting to send checks as gone up.  i'm going to stick with this for a while, though.  i hate paypal.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!