FOR SALE - 450g-650g Spiral Wrapped Jigging/Casting by PRO Challenger

Started by Black Pearl, November 07, 2012, 05:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

floating doc

That is a great looking setup.  I'm building the same reel, and I'll be building the rod afterwards.  I watched the video.  Why are the butts so long on the jigging rods?
Central Florida

Black Pearl

Quote from: floating doc on July 30, 2013, 12:16:25 AM
That is a great looking setup.  I'm building the same reel, and I'll be building the rod afterwards.  I watched the video.  Why are the butts so long on the jigging rods?

For this 450g - 650g rod, the butt is little long because it balance much better than a shorter one.

I have a 250g - 350g rod coming out in couple months, but it is a traditional conventional wrapping . It uses all ALPS components with APLS alum reelseat. I will have some photos uploaded later.

BMITCH

IMO the longer but section the better. I find that longer feels better under the arm and also if you happen to get the rail assist it gets better leverage. Less apt to fall off the butt end on the down stroke. Just my 2 cents worth.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

justindfish

Quote from: Black Pearl on July 30, 2013, 02:07:31 PM

For this 450g - 650g rod, the butt is little long because it balance much better than a shorter one.

I have a 250g - 350g rod coming out in couple months, but it is a traditional conventional wrapping . It uses all ALPS components with APLS alum reelseat. I will have some photos uploaded later.

Any update or time line on the 250-350 rod? I'm interested in one.

Black Pearl

Quote from: justindfish on September 01, 2013, 04:23:47 AM

I am checking the status right now. I will update with new info when I get it.

Black Pearl

Quote from: justindfish on September 01, 2013, 04:23:47 AM

It will be here on 09/15. I just had the confirmation.

floating doc

[/quote]

Price?
Central Florida

Black Pearl

Quote from: floating doc on September 02, 2013, 07:33:13 PM

Price?
[/quote]
It will be the same price as the 450g-650g ($129.99 + actual USPS Priority). The reason is that the 0250g-350g uses all ALPS components (aluminum reel seat). Please note that the 250g-350g WILL NOT be spiral wrapped. It will be original conventional wrapped.

Here is some photo.

RowdyW

Black Pearl

Quote from: RowdyW on September 02, 2013, 08:58:14 PM
I think you are showing a spiral wrap.    Rudy

I was showing the testing rod blank. Initially, I was thinking to do the spiral wrapped, but I changed my mind. The finished product is not spiral wrapped.

broschro

Quote from: BMITCH on July 30, 2013, 02:17:28 PM
IMO the longer but section the better. I find that longer feels better under the arm and also if you happen to get the rail assist it gets better leverage. Less apt to fall off the butt end on the down stroke. Just my 2 cents worth.
Bob
Bob have you gave this rod a test yet :-\

BMITCH

No! So sad :-[ due to a family illness I was unable to get offshore this year. We had a pretty good long fin bite going too. There is always next year and I hope to have plenty of fish reports. This rod looks like a fish killing machine though.  Im thinking at that price it's worth the investment. Nice quality!
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Black Pearl

Quote from: broschro on November 03, 2013, 02:30:48 AM
Quote from: BMITCH on July 30, 2013, 02:17:28 PM
Bob
Bob have you gave this rod a test yet :-\

For the Gulf, I would recommend the 250g-350g one I have.

skered53

what line rating is this lighter rod ?  50,  60,  70 LB ???

Do you have anything longer ?

Black Pearl

Quote from: skered53 on November 13, 2013, 01:53:54 AM
what line rating is this lighter rod ?  50,  60,  70 LB ???

Do you have anything longer ?
Hi,

Sorry for the delay on answering your inquiry. I have been on business trip since last weekend.

This rod is rated 60 to 100 lb line. I don't have any longer one.

Thanks,
--Alan