Excessive spool movement

Started by Johne230, November 12, 2012, 11:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johne230

Quote from: alantani on November 16, 2012, 02:46:19 AM
get me some part numbers and i will see what i have. 

The parts I need are: RD6521,RD6524,RD6100 and maybe 6330 Thanks again.

Irish Jigger

Quote from: Bryan Young on November 16, 2012, 05:27:41 AM
John, try call Shimano again and ask for a recommendation of a shop thatay have the parts. You'll never know. There's a lot of new old stock parts out there, and the secret is finding it.
X2
Seems strange that these reels are still on sale and that parts are no longer available.

alantani

Quote from: Johne230 on November 16, 2012, 07:59:52 AM
Quote from: alantani on November 16, 2012, 02:46:19 AM
get me some part numbers and i will see what i have. 

The parts I need are: RD6521,RD6524,RD6100 and maybe 6330 Thanks again.

i took a look and i totally struck out......  :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Johne230

Funny thing the other day I was looking thru shimano schematics and came across the Stradic 4000FH it is basically the same reel as the Symetre, and all the parts I need for the Symetre are in the Stradic and all still available. I am wondering if these parts are the same and will fit the Symetre I cant see the parts being differant from a production point of view. What do you guys think.

Cone

John, I have no idea. Maybe Shimano can tell you if they will work. While I like their reels, I only own 1 because of parts availability. I am a Penn guy myself. Penn supports their reels longer with parts after they discontinue a reel. To be fair though. the tsunami didn't help Shimano with their production. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Kyle K

If they have the same part numbers they will fit.

Irish Jigger