can`t see photos anymore???

Started by basto, December 17, 2012, 05:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

basto

Hi Administrators
Just little red crosses instead of photos now, but only on some posts, including my own? what do I need to do?
Thanks, Basto
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

alantani

when we changed over to a grid server, the speed went up but the address for the photos changed.  i need to find out what that new address is.  still catching up.  standby.......
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bruce

Thanks for bringing that up about the red x.
I thought it was just my computer illeteracy, as I have seen these on other sites as well and people alluding to a photo of the topic that I just could not bring up no matter what I tried.

Buzz
Buzz

basto

OK Alan, thanks for the reply.
Basto
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Dominick

OMG  :o I have become a scarlett letter.   :o Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

bluefish69

This gets me off the hook for not posting pictures.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

alantani

well, we've been busted.  according to godaddy, we are allowed 1000 uploads total.  that's it. we have 2700 photos, thumbnails and avatars.  i am going to try to convert the 2400 non-avatar uploads to regular photos that i will host here.  for the rest of the photos, you will have to host them on photobucket or picasa, or some other photo hosting service.  this is really gonna be a mess.  apparently our little website is stretching the limits of what godaddy can offer for $45 per year.  to truly go unlimited, we are looking at $10,000 a year.  that is not going to happen.   :-\

Alto Mare

Quote from: alantani on December 19, 2012, 01:58:25 AM
  apparently our little website is stretching the limits of what godaddy can offer for $45 per year.  to truly go unlimited, we are looking at $10,000 a year.  that is not going to happen.   :-\
Why not?...go all the way. I could see how it wouldn't happen if one person was paying for it, it will only be a couple of dollars from each member if we all chip in.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keith K

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 19, 2012, 03:43:50 AM
Quote from: alantani on December 19, 2012, 01:58:25 AM
  apparently our little website is stretching the limits of what godaddy can offer for $45 per year.  to truly go unlimited, we are looking at $10,000 a year.  that is not going to happen.   :-\
Why not?...go all the way. I could see how it wouldn't happen if one person was paying for it, it will only be a couple of dollars from each member if we all chip in.

In Utopia this would be the case, but the headache of getting 5000 of us to cough up $2.- (let alone the exchange of Pesos, Euros, Pounds, etc.) probably isn't worth the hassle.  Photobucket isn't that hard to use.  Most of us have a kid/grand kid to show us the way...  For a free site we're doing pretty good.  Thanks again Alan.    8)

Alto Mare

Today it's not that hard to do so.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

naw, we're just going to have to have people host their photos on another site and use the [img] function to view it here.  it's better that way in the long term.  we would also just be giving money to godaddy.  they've been very helpful to me throughout this server move, but i consider them already paid in full.  and lastly, i want to keep this a free site.  it makes my life easier. 

seaeagle2

Did you get a chance to talk to Danica ? The Go Daddy super bowl commercials are the best, and the "too wild" for tv ones are great too.
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson