Ambassadeur 7000 Assembly

Started by LLCC, December 19, 2012, 10:12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LLCC

Quote from: Hadge on July 01, 2013, 02:34:27 AM
I have a question about the main gear of the 7000.
On the bottom of the main gear there is a thin spring steel ring with two tabs.
It would appear to be a anti reverse item???
If these are broke off would the reel still perform well?

Any help
Hadge
???

Those are the line out clicker. Removing it doesn't affect the reel's operation. Most casting reels don't have this anymore.

HTH,

LL
Lawrence Lee

Fishit 2

I was advised to replace the bushing under the handle with a bearing, has anyone done this and what size bearing would I need? Just ordered some spool bearings from Dawn at SD, I didn't see anything listed for this modification...
President of the Down Beach High Class Hookers fishing Club.

Mooki

There is a brief instruction (actually just a few lines of text and a schematic with the modification shown) at amb01.com, for a 7001.
Scroll down and check the bit about adding bearings to a 7001, might be something like that you've been told.
http://www.amb01.com/01custom.html
Something like 40 BCs, mostly ABU. Still counting upwards...

Fishit 2

wow! thanks Mooki, that is a great site, can't believe I never saw it before.

Ken_D

Quote from: Fishit 2 on November 14, 2013, 04:33:18 PM
I was advised to replace the bushing under the handle with a bearing, has anyone done this and what size bearing would I need? Just ordered some spool bearings from Dawn at SD, I didn't see anything listed for this modification...

9 x 17 x 5. Abu brg is about 20.00, VXB sells 2 for 6.00  The brass spacers could be hard to find from industry, so at 4.00 each, close enough. Savings from jobber bearing applied to spacers.

Fishit 2

The handle bearing is 9x17x5? That seems a bit big, I checked the Bica site for that size and for 7000/1, maybe I'm not looking at the right section?

Got my smooth drag washers in the mail yesterday, I thought the kit came with the metal washers as well but didn't realize I had to order them separate. Put the drag back together and I'm having a problem seating the paw - these left hand pawls seem trickier, even in old Squidder lefty's they are very hard to install/seat. I cannot get the handle side back in working order. Will try again later.