New Baitrunner 8000 anti reverse problem

Started by rod27, December 29, 2012, 07:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rod27

Just picked up the rig to fish and noticed it is reeling in reverse without a stop.  Before I search the 50 page thread for tutorial/ repair, anyone have some quick suggestions to save me time?

Cone

I would check the antireverse bearing and make sure it doesn't have grease inside it. Clean the bearing and lube it lightly with something like corrosion x. The bearing should be ok if its a new reel. My bet would be grease,etc keeping the rollers from engaging. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

rod27

Thanks will check that....i should clarify the reel is not brand new....just the newer model about a year old.

johndtuttle

I didn't do an exhaustive investigation but some older models (B) have an anti-reverse switch for those that like to "back reel" their baits. Try flipping that around and see what you come up with.

If that doesn't work or it doesn't have one do a search for "Roller Clutch on Sedona" which has the basics for rebuilding a Shimano roller clutch assembly (aka Anti-reverse bearing).

As well, there is a full Baitrunner rebuild post down in the spinning reel forum (below this one) and I asked a mod to move your post there so that others might see it and help/learn from your post.

best

rod27

There is no switch on the Baitrunner 8000..... Unless I missed it.

johndtuttle

Quote from: rod27 on December 30, 2012, 04:01:39 AM
There is no switch on the Baitrunner 8000..... Unless I missed it.

Take a look on your schematic (10697) the Anti-Reverse Lever. It's on the bottom of the body hidden out of sight.

If it's not there can you tell me exactly what model you have?