Main Menu

Lures Section

Started by Bryan Young, February 22, 2013, 05:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sfbaymike

Fred, the one on the top right is a Pfileger on the blade.

foakes

Quote from: Sfbaymike on February 10, 2019, 02:59:24 AM

Yes, looks like an old "Neverfail" — if that is what it is, do some research — you will find it is about 100 years old — wood with glasseyes.

As you do your ID research — you will gain an education.

Valuable old bait.

Make sure you keep it in a somewhat constant temperature area.

Nothing worse than looking at your lure someday — only to discover all of the paint fell off in little pieces — rendering the value close to zero.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Sfbaymike

Quote from: foakes on February 10, 2019, 04:48:35 AM
Quote from: Sfbaymike on February 10, 2019, 02:59:24 AM

Yes, looks like an old "Neverfail" — if that is what it is, do some research — you will find it is about 100 years old — wood with glasseyes.

As you do your ID research — you will gain an education.

Valuable old bait.

Make sure you keep it in a somewhat constant temperature area.

Nothing worse than looking at your lure someday — only to discover all of the paint fell off in little pieces — rendering the value close to zero.

Best,

Fred

Thanks for the advice Fred!

Reel Newbie

On the topic of some real og lures, what are these to people anyways? I got most of them in some tackle boxes at yard sales, but I don't have the heart to use any of them. I should probably make some thing to display these instead of having them crammed in a cardboard box. Also thinking of putting these 3 reels in the rack if I ever get to making the display.