Home Made Beer

Started by El Pescador, March 14, 2013, 09:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

Saltydog,
Your Spicy Tuna rolls look great, I'm sure even tasted better!
But how about a clean & crisp tasting home made beer with the tuna?

My sons and I have been making beer since they first entered college.

Over the past eight years, we have made some very good brews, and right now, our favorite is a Double Hopped West Coast Style Ale, and believe me, it goes well with everything!!!

We boil the wort , and put it in the frig for 3 weeks:

And when its done, we bottle and enjoy!  It must be five o'clock somewhere!!!!

The math does not always work out, a five-gallon batch is 2 - 24 bottle cases, and Dad ends up with a six-pack, the two sons walk away with the remaining 1 3/4 cases of freshly bottled beer!

On to our current batch, Rye NOT Summer Rye Beer, will be ready for Tax Day, April 15, Lord knows we'll all need it!!

If you are in the San Mateo area, stop by for a cold one, sorry Dom, it's not gluten-free, but I'll have some Red Bridge beer for you when you stop by!

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Bryan Young

how about alcohol free Wayne?  If not, then I'll hand with Dominick for some of the best capaccinos and espressos in the United States.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

El Pescador

Bryan,

Due to the popularity of Deutscher Bier, we have not had a request for Alcohol-free beer, but will look into it!
I agree, Dom makes the BEST espressos and capuccinos, have enjoyed many in his home!

seaeagle2

Man, my kid was living in Hayward just across the bridge until January, we were down to see him about 3 times a year.....
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

Alto Mare

Very nice Wayne, if I'm ever in the area I'll come and sample some. Don't worry about Dominick, we'll give him a glass of warm milk and send him to bed ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Jimmer

I think Tom T. Hall said it best. It makes me a jolly good fellow. Now let's get this clear -  I like beer !
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

saltydog

Yes I would agree a good cold one in a frosted mug go along nicely with some tuna rolls as with some grilled tuna ans asparagus.That looks like a neat setup.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

ossipeter

Wohl bekomms! Or to say bavarian: Prost!
Looks very good!

El Pescador

Well, the RYE NOT Summer Rye beer is ready to be enjoyed,

Sorry I did not post on April 15, that date took a more somber note, had to write checks to both US Treasury & CA Tax Dept., I was in NO mood for a beer,

But tonight is different, and the Rye Beer is crisp & full-flavored.  Stop by if you'd like,

In memory of my Slovenia-ancestry neighbor, Milo, "Zdravje!", sounds like Zjve-ve-aa, or "Good Health!"

Wayne, aka- 'Deutscher Biermeister'

Bryan Young

Be right over, and I'll bring my own stein. :)
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

I know who made the beer but who took the pictures? 
They look a little high schoolish. ;D
Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.