5:1 Ratio 316 SUS Gear Set For JigMaster 500/501

Started by Black Pearl, March 19, 2013, 11:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Quote from: BMITCH on May 30, 2013, 07:52:14 PM
So theoretically #25 of drag right? Nice!
Theoretically, yes, but those drag ranges will be at your risk.  I'm more talking reasonable drag range that will not damage the reel.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broadway

Bryan,
   If it works as you plan count me in for 5 sets... I've been using my 112H for striper fishing lately and would love to set them up for wireline as well.  I've tried the 112h hot rodded to the nines, but I just don't have the drag range.  When I put on the umbrella rigs they take a little line out on turns because the drag isn't there.
Keep us posted on the progress,
Dom

BMITCH

Bryan, sounds good. If you get it going I'd take three sets when they become available.
Thanks, Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Black Pearl

Hi all,

As many of you know that Dawn from Smooth Drag is coming out with the Newell gear set, which can fit PENN 112H or JM 500/501.

Smooth Drag gear set is made in the USA, and it is only $35.00 a set. I believe that it is a good price for a gear set that is made in SS 304.

I will still process my JM 500 gear set in SS 316 project with couple features (those features are from Dom (boardway)). I can't state what those features are. When it comes out, I will state those features.

If any member wants to cancel his order on my PENN 500 gear set, please post it here.

Thank you all.

Thanks,
--Alan

Ron Jones

Alan,

I will hold off on purchasing anything until I see your gears or you release what the features are. You two have saved the world!!

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Joel.B

I am going to roll the dice and assume that whatever you and DOm have cooking will be worth it. At the least be a limited edition collectors item that will be worth a fortune one day and pay for my son's tuition (no pressure guys)

BMITCH

I'm ALL over this. I'm in with these and the one Dawn is bringing out. I figure I can have a drag stack of cf washers ready to go in these and instead of having to clean old grease off the gears I can just pop in a new set per-loaded with the drag washers. ;D ;D ;D. I've got a couple buddies with 500's that now I know what to get them for their birthday, Christmas...etc.

bluefish69

Bob

My Grandson's Birthday is in August & my Birthday is in Sept.  Well that's 2 less sets I have to buy.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

floating doc

I still want one of your sets. I am confident that I'll be happy
Central Florida

Black Pearl

Hi all,

How are you all? Here is the latest info I have for this JigMaster 500 high speed gear project.

After few weeks of continuous R&D on this gear set, I am very happy to inform you all that we have achieved to make few adjustments to make this gear set in true 5.0:1 with helical cutting. My guys are busy testing its strength under stress and making sure the main or pinion gear will not round off. So far, it looks very promising.

It might take another month or so to have the first 15 sets available, and 3 or 4 months before the second batch gear sets are available.

If any of you really need this JM 500 gear set in hurry, you can check out Smooth Drag's on its JM 500 gear set (http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=7440.0).

If anyone is no longer interested in my JM 500 gear set, and your name is on this thread, please let me know that you would like to cancel the order. Therefore, I won't bug you when the order is ready to be shipped.

Thanks,
--Alan

BMITCH

Hi Alan, I'm very excited to get one of these to start. I see you will only be making 15 sets to start with. I will need a total of 3 sets but would like only one to start and will wait for the other two when the mass production starts. Just want everyone to get a crack at these. Let me know and thanks for the update.
Bob

erikpowell

Hi Alan,
I'm with Bob on that.... I'm still in for my 2 sets, but would take only 1 on the first round to allow the first 15 to spread out....
That's IF my order is up there in the 1st 15...  ;)
Thanks for all your efforts buddy... nice chatting with you last week!
Erik
Fiji

bluefish69

Alan

I will take 1 set at the beginning just for show & tell class. I will be happy to wait for the other 3 sets. All 4 sets are only spares anyway.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Cone

"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD