Penn 309 Levelwind Drag Stack

Started by WCFLA, March 25, 2013, 04:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WCFLA

Hey Everyone,

I have a Penn 309 Levelwind and was wondering if there are any drag stack upgrades or recommendations out there for this particular reel. I just want to get the most out of it. I used the "Search", but didn't find the answer that I was looking for. Thank you for your time.

ps I will be in Tampa this weekend trying to do some kayak fishing if anyone is interested.

Regards,
Dan

Keta

The main gear is a 5-500, the same as a Jigmaster or 112H, as far as I know the only thing you can do is put CF washers in it.   I've been trying to find some thiner SS to make some super thin washers for it and Sal has been doing some interesting things to Jigmaster drags but parts aren't available.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

What Keta said...greased CF washers...
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

WCFLA

Gents,

Thank you for the info! I will look for the part numbers now, unless anyone knows them off hand.

Regards,
Dan

Keta

6-309SP Complete kit with metal washers
6-309 HT-100 CF washers

A CF under washer is needed but I get mine from SmoOoth Drag.

Dawn at SmoOoth Drag has Carbontex sets.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain