Are faster Squidder gears possible?

Started by Joel.B, April 06, 2013, 04:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel.B

And if possible - I can't be the only one who would want these.....

I'd be in for two sets for sure

Black Pearl

Quote from: Joel.B on April 06, 2013, 04:56:59 AM
And if possible - I can't be the only one who would want these.....

I'd be in for two sets for sure

Everything is possible if there is a demand for it. Currently, I am working on 114H 3.25: 1 and 112H/JigMaster 500 5:1.

dobrobill

This would be cool if the gear was slightly deeper or hex shape to get a little more drag out of my beloved 140's.

Bryan Young

I've considered re-designing a drag kit for the squiders, but have service many that have warped spool shafts.  i just don't think those reels are designed to handle more than 8# of drag.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Brendan

I have also dealt with spool shaft issue on 140's. I have a 146 in front of me now and would love to find some gears for it.

WTFOBaja

Ron Jones

I would really like these gears. Especially with stronger drags. I agree that a Newell kit or aluminum frame would be mandatory but what great little reels it would make. A built up fast 100 would be fantastic.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

mikeg24thst

Accurate Magnum squidder sideplates use jigmaster gears I wish I could get some of those cuz I love my squidders but are to slow maybe someone will start making those.There is a guy on eBay getting a lot of tiburon frames and spools made wide jigmaster spools and frames for 500 & 505 he also has bluefin frames and spools but u can't use accuplates on them

Bryan Young

That is why I bought a pro gear 255 and 251. Squidder size, jigmaster guts.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

mikeg24thst

Ron Jones

So,
Wouldn't a 146 squidder w/ Jigmaster guts be a 501? I thought the spools were basically the same except the pinion notch.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bryan Young

The squidder spool and sideplate diameter is much smaller.

otghoyt

Here's another guy that would take a set of 4.5/1 or 5/1 gears for a 146.  I don't know what you could get in there but I'm in for a set.

Ron Jones

To be honest the speed would be secondary to strength for me. I really don't want a brass gear in any fishing reel. I understand that they are fine for the original design but I don't fish anything the way it was originally designed.

The great thing about this main gear is it is used in so many Penn reels. Just like Black Pearls 6/0 & 9/0 main this gear could be matched to just a few pinions and cover dozens of reels. If it was Hex you could even build it to put enough drag into the large Long Beaches and black Senators.

Ron
Ronald Jones
"

Marcq

I would be in for a higher gear set also

Marc..