Hexagon Main and Pinion Gear for PENN 114H

Started by Black Pearl, April 10, 2013, 04:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Pearl

Here is the latest update on this project. Since this Hexagon Main Gear (per Sal's requested  :)) is more likely will be a special item. Therefore, I am required to have at least 50 sets (main and pinion) or more for this project to keep going. This item will be a one time thing.

Here is the specification on this item.

- Both gears are made in 316 graded SUS.
- The ratio is 3.25:1
- Helical precision cutting.
- Inner main gear cutting is Hexagon (no ear).
- Projecting price will be between $69.00 to $75.00

Payment will be required before the shipping. I will let you guy know what the final price is.

If you are interested, please add your name and quantity in this thread. If 50 sets can not be reach, then I can't keep this hexagon project going.

Thanks,
--Alan

Alto Mare

Alan, thank you for going forward with this, I appreciate it.
If I didn't have kids in college, I would have given you the ok on 50 myself :(.
you already know I'll take some.

Guys, put your name down, this is a great deal ;)
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

john2244

BMITCH

Alan, as per our discussion this mourning. Please put me down for one(1) set.

Thanks, Bob( new jersey )
luck is the residue of design.

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Black Pearl

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 10, 2013, 05:02:09 PM
Alan, thank you for going forward with this, I appreciate it.
If I didn't have kids in college, I would have given you the ok on 50 myself :(.
you already know I'll take some.

Guys, put your name down, this is a great deal ;)
Sal
Hi Sal,

Currently, I have one kid in college as well. My other kid will be in college about 1 more year.

Cone

"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Keta

I can pay for one as soon as you get them but if it helps get rid of the 50 put me down for another one.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

borchcl

Hi Alan,
Put me down for one of these sets too.
Charlie

Ron Jones

As long as I get a break between the 112H and 113h gears and these I'm in for one.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

broadway

Alan,
Keep my other order quantities the same as they were in my PM to you... just add 2 of these hex gear sets to it.
Let me know when you need the dough.
Dom
Thanks for the heads up, Sal... I've been working on a real estate deal for the past 4 months so I haven't been to on top of things... D-day is tomorrow and there's one deal breaker to work out... keep your fingers crossed ;)
Dom

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

Guys as Alan mentioned, if we don't get at least 50 sets, this project won't happen.
Don't miss the opportunity to get some, this is a one shot deal.
These gears will be milled as one unit....no inserts. It would be worth it for all of us.
Think about it some more and try to put your name down, this way we can all benefit from it.

Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

I'd be cutting it close for 2 sets but I will, we need these gears.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

I don't believe it will happen Lee. I didn't want to sound like i was begging  members to put their names down, I just wanted them to realize what we have here. I've seen the same gears, without the hexagon shape, go for $180 a set :-\.
I also understand that times are hard. If it happens, great! If it doesn't... we gave it a shot. We'll see :-\