310 gti

Started by alantani, December 07, 2008, 04:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterStinky, tholmes and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CaptKev

I looked at Scott's schematic and checked the Penn website too. It does not appear that the RH side bridge bearing is sold separately. Does it only come as an assembly? If so, anyone know what size it is? Thanks.   

Irish Jigger

Bearing is part of the Bridge Assembly. Easy to press out and replace. You will notice that the bearing was secured by "staking" the Bridge in six places. After replacing the bearing I secure it by staking in three places using a centre punch.

Don't know the bearing size but it's 8x16x5mm in the 330GTI.

steelfish

Alan,

does your SS gear sleeve for jigmaster fit in this 310gti?

what would be better for inshore fishing with levelwind an abu garcia 7000c or this 310gti?

I already have the 320gti and love it, but its little brother looks like a nice deal for 20-25# test.

The Baja Guy

alantani

no, it's like the 98-60 gear sleeve only taller.  nothing i have will fit. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

steelfish

hmm so, according to factory specs.

an abu garcia 7000 will give me more drag for using a higher test line than the 310gti, am I right?

The Baja Guy

alantani

naw, they're all pretty close!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

steelfish

well, that's enough for stopping me getting a 310gti since I already have the 320gt and one abu 7000c.

thanks, but, will see if I can lower the price that my friend is telling me and get it anyway..  ;D
The Baja Guy

ez2cdave

ALAN,

Here is your GREAT TUTORIAL in PDF format for EASY DOWNLOAD . . . ENJOY ! ! !

Rancanfish

Well I was bored so I decided to service my 310. Never been done in over a decade! Lot's of salmon caught on this little baby.  Surprisingly almost no corrosion. I said it out loud to myself and my wife responded, "well, you always rinse them real good".  So I guess I do.  ;D

Anyway, now with a greased five stack,(stock), and all screws, levelwind, shafts all lubed and good for another ten years.

I will say I mashed the dog spring all up before I realized what was going on.  If I would have followed the tutorial, which I finally did, it would have gone right together.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.