Hello from New Member - Rob

Started by rbbhankins001, May 13, 2013, 07:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbbhankins001

Hi Everybody,

I "know" Alan through another forum (THT) where I am the same username rbhankins001.

I am a fishing lodge owner in Gustavus (Glacier Bay), Alaska.

We are in a somewhat remote location so we have to be self-reliant, including repairing our fishing reels at times.

I am, however, very fortunate to have a good reel service in Juneau with Bill at Taku Reel.  He seems very knowledgable and I would use him more if I were closer.

If you want to check out what I do I am at the following web sites.

www.fishalaskacharters.com
www.growleybear.com

I am very lucky to fish in such a wonderful place and we definitely have a great biomass of fish here. 

In the winter I typically run out of Venice, LA in search of tuna and wahoo.

So, if you ever want to know anything about Gustavus, AK or Venice, LA hit me up and I will point you in the right direction.

P.S.  I hope Alan will promise not to miss me at Fred Hall 2014 lol (inside joke).

-Rob

Bryan Young

Welcome Rob.  Should like you have a great fishing life.  Glad you have joined us, and at least Alan should not miss you here.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

hey rob,welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood...will take you up on your offer.  8)

alantani

glad you finally made it over.  take a look at the "business" section and put a post up about your charters.  photos, too.  we love photos!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

kamuwela

aloha and thank you for joining us

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

harryk3616

hi  rob       glad to have you aboard, enjoy.     harryk

Cone

Welcome Rob. I look forward to getting to know you. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Brian A

saltydog

Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Dominick

Rob:  Welcome to the site.  I now think the Rob name outnumbers Dom. 
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

Hi from a former AHMS employee.  Would it help if Taku Reel Repair opened up a Hoonah office?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

willybendit

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

Bill B

Welcome from the Sacramento Delta
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!