Seeker Blank Closeout from Anglers Workshop

Started by Bryan Young, May 16, 2013, 04:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

They were one of my suppliers when I was professional wrapping back in the day.  If you live in the Vancouver/Portland Area, they are not very far from there in Woodland, WA.

http://www.anglersworkshop.com/seeker-blank-closeouts.html
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ron Jones

I have used a lot of the Seeker e-glass rods, and the Sabre's that preceded them. Their isn't a blank out there that I would be more comfortable with. The Graphfighters and all others may be newer and racier but not better. I'd say a great value.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

sundaytrucka

Quote from: noyb72 on November 25, 2013, 12:14:29 AM
I have used a lot of the Seeker e-glass rods, and the Sabre's that preceded them. Their isn't a blank out there that I would be more comfortable with. The Graphfighters and all others may be newer and racier but not better. I'd say a great value.
Ron

X2  

IMO..People like the idea of having the newest, and thus the "best", but form and function tend to remain constant. Different rods and their respective materials really represent a feeling in a fisherman's hand; not necessarily better function, but a different form. It is all about what feels good to you with a fish on the end.

I have a boron/E-glass Seeker 270H 8', my oldest rod, it still performs flawlessly and with no doubts of holding up.
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

Bunnlevel Sharker

All my rods that are built are solid glass, i have one tubular gstor blank that needs wrapping. I wont teust anything but glass for what i do
Grayson Lanier

whalebreath

Quote from: mrbrklyn on November 24, 2013, 11:50:12 PMis it worth using that older e-glass material?
Agree with the others I have three Seeker E glass trolling rods two of which have been everywhere/fished for everything-can't think of any other blank that performs as well.

EDIT-The last one isn't used as much it's such a broomstick...but one day.....

SoCalAngler

Quote from: mrbrklyn on November 24, 2013, 11:50:12 PM
is it worth using that older e-glass material?

Yes but it also depends on who is making the rods. As far as Seeker goes I believe all the glass they now use in their rods is S-glass. Calstar still uses E-glass in their rod building and being a Calstar guy myself I see no need for them to change. I fish both composite and all glass rods and in the last two seasons I bought one of each type. On my last tuna trip I was using a Calstar BWC 270H-8 (all E-glass) matched to a Diawa BG 20H reel with 25lb long topshots. We were catching BFT in the 35-50lb class, my biggest went 45lbs, and two deckhands at different times commented on how fast I, in their words, "kill tuna". Granted the fish were not big but the line was on the lighter side and if you know the reel it is not a winch either, so yeah I see no problem with using E-glass rods.

SoCalAngler

Even well built rods can get softer in the tip after many years of fishing but not by a whole lot. One of the most sought after line of rods here on the left coast is vintage 8' Truline rods made in the 70's and 80's which are glass. Seeker's new line of Pinhead rods has blanks copying the old Truline's feel.

Ron Jones

Everyone always loved the truelines, but I grew up wanting Siloflex and Fenwick's hollow glass rods.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

floating doc

some of my favorite blanks ever were the Fenwick Pacificstick line. S glass,  some with a graphite reinforced butt.

I sold a lot of rods on the 1670 blank.

I have a couple of e glass Seekers that are great.
Central Florida

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Bryan Young on May 16, 2013, 04:22:46 PM
They were one of my suppliers when I was professional wrapping back in the day.  If you live in the Vancouver/Portland Area, they are not very far from there in Woodland, WA.

http://www.anglersworkshop.com/seeker-blank-closeouts.html
That figures, The only one I'm interested in, The 80-130 is not available. ::)
Life is Good!

bluefish69

Daron

Let me know the model # or line rating. I will be at my rod builder next week if he wants his 146 back. He just finished 2 Unlimited Tuna Rods 3 weeks ago.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Shark Hunter

Mike,
I'm trying to find a builder for my Everol 14. The cheapest I have found is $400 with an 80 to 130lb Rainshadow Blank, Fuji Guides and a Unibutt for removal of the rod from the reel seat. That Blank is 6'6".
Its a Graphite Blend. The bottom 2/3rd's Graphite and Glass Blend. The top third e-glass.
I think this is a good price considering the Unibutt alone is $110, The Blank about $90. After all the materials and wraps, I'm guessing he is only making about a hundred on the build.
The Rainshadow Blank is made by Batson.
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

Daron, get Davin to set you up with what you need. It might cost more but worth every penny
Grayson Lanier

bluefish69

I have a 8' - 50-80 that I use up North in 300'+ water. That is a Forester all glass that is made by Rainshodow.

I will whrite this down & check next week. I forgot what I paid him for the United Composite XXL.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Bunnlevel Sharker on November 30, 2013, 10:01:20 PM
Daron, get Davin to set you up with what you need. It might cost more but worth every penny
I'm Sorry Grayson, but Davin doesn't work for cheap. I offered him 5 hun and he told me he didn't work for minimum wage. I consider Davin a Friend, but I'm not paying $700 for a $350 worth of parts for a nice Build. Alex quoted me $400 for one of his Beserker Rods. He makes some Killer Builds.
Life is Good!