I GAINED 10 LBS VISITING SAL AT HIS HOME

Started by Dominick, June 03, 2013, 07:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikeflorian

I want to gain 20 lbs at Sal' s and I' m probably 20 mins away!

Shark Hunter

I Think I'm headed to Philly! I Love Lobster!
looks like you wer'e tearing it up Dom!
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Quote from: Mikeflorian on June 15, 2013, 12:16:12 AM
I want to gain 20 lbs at Sal' s and I' m probably 20 mins away!

Where are you from Mike? If you decide to come and see me, don't do it now. Most roads are closed due to the US Open.
I had to get a special pass to get around, I'm just three blocks from Merion Gulf Club.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Cathy Ciarlante

Dominick,

It was such an honor and a pleasure to have you (and Linda)  in our home and at our table. Sal was so very happy to have you in his home and he was always so excited to learn that someone from the Alan Tani family might be coming to the east coast.

I would like to extend the sincerest invitation to continue that wonderful tradition and invite anyone from the site, who might be in the greater Philadelphia area, post Covid 19, to come to the Ciarlante house and sit at our table. I never did learn how to grill those famous lobsters of Sal's, but I make a mean spaghetti with seafood dish! There will always be a warm welcome waiting for you in Pennsylvania!

Love,
Cathy

Tiddlerbasher

Cathy, may I suggest a name for your spagetti dish:
Pasta Alto Mare :)
Much love Chris.

thorhammer

Quote from: Cathy Ciarlante on November 22, 2020, 05:56:23 PM
Dominick,

It was such an honor and a pleasure to have you (and Linda)  in our home and at our table. Sal was so very happy to have you in his home and he was always so excited to learn that someone from the Alan Tani family might be coming to the east coast.

I would like to extend the sincerest invitation to continue that wonderful tradition and invite anyone from the site, who might be in the greater Philadelphia area, post Covid 19, to come to the Ciarlante house and sit at our table. I never did learn how to grill those famous lobsters of Sal's, but I make a mean spaghetti with seafood dish! There will always be a warm welcome waiting for you in Pennsylvania! 

AND ziti and chicken parm!!!!! Cathy, anywhere I turn in either of the shops, there is some sort of talisman from Sal in sight- parts he sent me, reel handles he crafted or whatever. Sal may be gone up physically, but not in our hearts and minds....not even counting the legacy of his wizardry in reels, and the stones he laid....and your wonderful family, so gracious to me.

Having been at guest of you AND Dominic and Linda, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. Things haven't been great for us lately but this put a smile on ,my face.

John

Dominick

Cathy, I look forward to once again visit with your family.  I will keep in touch.  Sal was one of the best.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Rivverrat

I would have loved to dig through his reel collection. Wished to have him build a reel for me but I always wished to be respectful of his time. Knowing he was busy with other's projects... Jeff

Newell Nut

Quote from: Rivverrat on February 22, 2021, 03:13:26 PM

I would have loved to dig through his reel collection. Wished to have him build a reel for me but I always wished to be respectful of his time. Knowing he was busy with others projects... Jeff
Sal loved spending time on others reels. He completed a tanked 10/0 for me just before he went into the hospital. I never even asked him to build it. I was happy with my 9/0s but big Goliath groupers were beating us up a lot so Sal decided I needed something special just for the big Goliaths. That 10/0 will always be on my boat and so will Sal's spirit.
He was a great man with a big heart.

Dwight