Los Cabos Father's Day Week Fishing Trip with Dominick!

Started by El Pescador, June 14, 2013, 09:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetta

Congrats Dominick! What a trip - thanks for sharing.
Great to see Sal's Tank in action too.
My brother's in Baja Sur at present and I'm hoping to get down there in early November.
Good luck on the Tuna Tourny.
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

Excellent report, Wayne! I couldn't have asked for a better group of guys to put the Tank to the test. Thank you so much for posting, I really enjoyed the visual play-by-play (you could have kept the one with Dominick's open shirt to yourself... ;))
Dominick, thanks to you also for taking a chance with the Tank! You really gave it a workout, that's what I was looking for. Thanks too, for your willingness to send it back to me so that I could take a look inside. I took the tank completely apart to check it and everything looks and works as the day I assembled it. There were a couple of small issues; I will post them on "the 113H reel/tank" page when I get a chance. Congratulations guys, looks like it was the perfect Father's Day present!
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broschro

awesome! job Dom,I have been putting it on my tank and it has performed perfect. By the way how is my powered coat job holding up? I did some rings in gray, and they r holding up grate.

Dominick

Quote from: broschro on June 24, 2013, 01:25:13 AM
awesome! job Dom,I have been putting it on my tank and it has performed perfect. By the way how is my powered coat job holding up? I did some rings in gray, and they r holding up grate.
Broschro:  I forgot where they came from.  The are holding up great.  Of course I make sure I don't bang them around.  So far no chips.  Thanks.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broschro

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 23, 2013, 11:32:56 PM
Excellent report, Wayne! I couldn't have asked for a better group of guys to put the Tank to the test. Thank you so much for posting, I really enjoyed the visual play-by-play (you could have kept the one with Dominick's open shirt to yourself... ;))
Dominick, thanks to you also for taking a chance with the Tank! You really gave it a workout, that's what I was looking for. Thanks too, for your willingness to send it back to me so that I could take a look inside. I took the tank completely apart to check it and everything looks and works as the day I assembled it. There were a couple of small issues; I will post them on "the 113H reel/tank" page when I get a chance. Congratulations guys, looks like it was the perfect Father's Day present!
Sal
Sal i cant wait for the new post :olove my tanks

WCFLA

Epic post, guys! That is the type of fishing trip that I have been daydreaming about for weeks!

Regards,
Dan

El Pescador

Well, Book it Dann-O!!!

Dom will be back in Cabo the second week of November (for the WON Tuna Tournament) , and I'll be back the third week of January 2014, put it on your calendar and make it happen!

If you have any questions, direct them to Dom, he has boots-on-the-ground and eyes-on-the-horizon RECON, and that means a lot!  

Walking around the Los Cabos Marina, he spoke with 7 locals who knew him by name!

And his Spanish is better than most,

Make it happen!

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

wallacewt

BMITCH

Thanks Dominick and Wayne, great post and pics. Thanks so much for letting us into your trip.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

El Pescador

Quote from: akfish on June 14, 2013, 10:51:56 PM
You gaffed the roosterfish. I didn't think they were good to eat. Are they??

akfish,

Sorry for the late response.

The Mexican fishermen LOVE making ceviche with Roosterfish, and by the looks, it's tempting!!!!!!

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

George4741

Somehow, until now, I missed this wonderful report.  I see some old school reels in use.  That's great.  And with the way the Tank made short work of the 150 lb marlin, who needs anything else?  Also, glad I could help you out with your 349.   

viurem lliures o morirem

Shark Hunter

Wow! Dom!,
I didn't see the marlin you caught earlier. Very Impressive. You are still the Man! I can't wait to get my Tank built. What kind of line do you have on that beast? Any backing?
Life is Good!

Dominick

Sharkey  I thought I answered this.  Was this question posed somewhere else?  I have 80lb Jerry Brown braid over 80lb mono (just for backing) and a top shot of 100 lb Momoi leader.  They are connected Bimini to Bimini.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Yea,
It was on another thread. Sorry about the mix up. I forgot to remove it. ::)
Life is Good!