how much money should you spend?

Started by alantani, June 16, 2013, 04:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

surfcaster

I still have the original  eccentric jack, lever,bushings Steel gears& pinion some misc hardware from The $20 jigmaster.+more spare parts for
franken reels[AKA] Brother in law reels. I Once sold the most beat up looking 113h rod/reel in perfect working order to a guy that said it was the sorriest looking 4/0 he's seen in a while. I said "That's The brother in law reel"He'll probably birdsnest your nice one & scrape the grips off your custom rod on the rail Do you really want him using your good stuff?  Semper Fi, Richie

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

David Hall

Buy high!  Spend lots of money upgrading it, sell it cheap!

Rancanfish

Boy howdy.  I am building 113's now, starting with side plates.  ;D
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Alto Mare

Quote from: David Hall on May 04, 2016, 12:10:53 AM
Buy high!  Spend lots of money upgrading it, sell it cheap!
But make sure you'll have fun while doing it ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

RowdyW

Buy all the parts you need & just charge them to Sal.  ;D ;D ::)

David Hall

Make sure you have fun is my mantra in life!
To say building these reels is fun Is understating  the experience.
This is more fun than Disneyland!
I seem to have stopped building some months ago?  All I do now is collect parts for reels I want to build!

Alto Mare

Quote from: David Hall on May 04, 2016, 01:33:53 AM
Make sure you have fun is my mantra in life!
To say building these reels is fun Is understating  the experience.
This is more fun than Disneyland!
I seem to have stopped building some months ago?  All I do now is collect parts for reels I want to build!
:D :D...you're doing good ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

I love making one of a kind parts and parts to give to people I like, production not so much.   100 drag washers or dogs at a time gets old and cuts into my reel tinker time....but it does pay for my gear addiction and parts I can not make  ;D
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

David Hall

That must be phase three of reel addiction!
Figuring out something I can do to offset  the expense of buying reels and parts?
Hmmmmm?
Probably to old to be a gigalo?   ::)

Keta

Just like a drug addict selling to finance their habit.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mo65

Holy buckets...this thread is a gas! Glad to see I'm in good company. I've spent time worrying about my Jigmaster...over $200 invested...and if I put it on eBay tomorrow I'd be lucky to get $70 out of it. Best part...I live in southern Ohio...what the heck am I gonna do with a Jigmaster? :D ;D :P Then I realized, none of that matters, 'cause the bills were all paid before I endeavoured, and I enjoyed every minute of the build! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

anglingarchitect

I just retired and need to cut back, to take stock of what I have, and now the more frugal bugget when you take a huge cut in cash flow.

bluefish69

Have a GREAT TIME with your retirement. I did it 9/07/07

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

David Hall

I'm just gonna tire, I'm never gonna re-tire.  To many expensive hobbies I need to keep up.  Maybe in four years I can reconsider, I'll only be 66!  Unless I win the lotto!