Main Menu

Da Big Ono

Started by DaBigOno, August 25, 2013, 07:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaBigOno

Howzit everybody!  my real name is Al.  My nick name is Da Big Ono.  I got my nick name From my grandma when I was growing up.   Everytime my mom would drop me off at my grandparent's house, my grandma would say a big "OH NO!"  because I was a big headache.   I love my grandma.  I was born and raised on the island of Oahu, Hawaii where fishing is a part of life.  In Hawaii, an Ono is a type of fish, what people on the mainland call Wahoo.  So instead of "OH NO" I use "Ono".

Now i live in southern Cal., but, I still love fishing.  All my life, I've been fishing.   Because I'm part of the poor people or working class, I can't fish all the time.   All my life I've worked on my reels.   I own conventional, spinners, baitcaster, Penn, Shimano, Avet, Accurate, Diawa and blah blah blah.  I thought I knew everything about them until I joined this place.   You guys are great!   I've learned so much from you guys, THANK YOU.  I look forward to learning more, and I hope I can contribute as part of your community.   

Much Aloha,
al
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Mandelstam

Welcome! Glad you joined us!

:)
/Karl, from Sweden
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

bajaandy

Right on! Welcome BigOno from Andy in SoCal! This place rocks! SO much information!
I tink, therefore I am.

Dominick

Oh no! It's Da Big Ono.  ;D Welcome.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

kamuwela

aloha from Oahu bruddah, mahalo for joining

saltydog

Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Bill B

Welcome from the Sacramento delta
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Cone

"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Bryan Young

Awe, Da Big Ono was lost :( and now he found us.  :D

E komo mai Bradah Al.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

welcome to the neighborhood...

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!