NEWELL P220F Spool, Temporary Fill-in?

Started by woodeye, October 14, 2013, 12:06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodeye

I just heard a Penn Surfmaster 100 spool has the same dimensions, and can be used in place of a Newly P220F spool. Is this true? I am, and will continue, looking for a Newell spool 1st, Accurate 2nd, or Tiburon P220F spool. But in the mean time, I'd like to get my P229F to P220F conversion fishing. I got two P229Fs, one with pretty worn cross pieces and base. The spool is in good shape, so a trade and $$$ might be in order. I'm gonna Tiburon convert to a 220 size. Any help? Thanks Woody, aka, Woodeye

Alto Mare

Its not just about width, the spool shaft has a lot to do with it. I don't have any Newells...I need to get me at least one, but from looking at Alan's tutorial, the spool shaft is different.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

I'm not sure about the spool.  If you are going to get rid of your 229 spool, I could use it for a reel I'm servicing.  The spool shaft is warped.  Please let me know what you decide.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

woodeye

Yeah, I can let go of one of the two P229 aluminum spools I have, pretty easy. PM, or outside email me at   gunnar730@comcast.net