bearing packer (mm and inch), adaptor and needle kit - back in stock 7/23/2020

Started by alantani, April 07, 2010, 05:49:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hasbeen

Alan,
Would like to get one of your bearing packer, adaptor kits. What is the procedure?
Jim

Norcal Pescador

Send Alan a pm (personal message) with your name and address and he'll ship it out with a bill enclosed. It's hard to beat service like that! :)
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

alantani

actually, i am all out of brass bearing packers.  i have a few prototypes made out of delron.  they look the same but they're 10 times lighter.  i've been shipping a bunch overseas and the shipping expense is way too high.  i put a call into to tom hrynuik this morning.  hopefully he will get back to me.  we need some more.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

kenwahoo

I am considering this kit but will also need to buy a grease gun as well. One question to Alan is when to stop as the packer is totally enclosed and you can't see the old grease come out. Don't want to waste grease although it wont be much as there's only so much room in the cone.

alantani

i prime the cone a little, then watch for grease squeezing through the bearing.

Spaff

Got my packer. Thank you. I'm still unsure about using it. Hopefully I'll figure it out. Was a video of it being used ever made?

Bryan Young

Quote from: kenwahoo on November 25, 2011, 12:02:20 AM
I am considering this kit but will also need to buy a grease gun as well. One question to Alan is when to stop as the packer is totally enclosed and you can't see the old grease come out. Don't want to waste grease although it wont be much as there's only so much room in the cone.
The grease in the guns are the same as we use in the reels, so there's really no waste.  Grease in the cone can be brushed out and saved in a container for use in applying on screws, brushed on internal side plates, etc. 

And the grease comeing out of bearings...well, you may not want that grease anyway.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

wong2a9

I was also interested in this bearing packer but I'm not sure what I need and how it works.  If anyone is willing to post up a video or pictures explaining the use of this that would be great.  Thanks.

Bryan Young

Have to remake a video.  made one but it looks dark.  Will see if we can make one in the coming week.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Westii

Are the kits still available?  I'm interested in the bearing packer as well as the adaptor and needle kit.

wong2a9

Got mine today will be sending out check tomorrow.  Thanks alan

alantani

reefmonsta

Quote from: Bryan Young on April 08, 2012, 01:30:08 AM
Have to remake a video.  made one but it looks dark.  Will see if we can make one in the coming week.

Howzit Bryan!

Got mines from Alan the other week and still in the dark on how to properly use it. I'd love to see a video (even a dark one) when you got the time!  Thanks!
reefmonsta

Westii

Got mine in the mail yesterday.  Another satisfied customer.  I'm hoping to try everything out this weekend.  Thanks, Alan!

Bryan Young

Hey Alan, we gotta do a video.  Wanna be the star?

I tried by the lighting was way dark.

Bryan
Quote from: reefmonsta on April 23, 2012, 03:19:08 AM
Quote from: Bryan Young on April 08, 2012, 01:30:08 AM

Howzit Bryan!

Got mines from Alan the other week and still in the dark on how to properly use it. I'd love to see a video (even a dark one) when you got the time!  Thanks!