I was given a challenge

Started by Jerseymic, November 14, 2013, 09:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerseymic

Thank you all for your positive words.

If it wasn't for Alan, this forum and all you guys, willing to pass on your knowledge, I wouldn't have attempted a task like this. A special thank you to Lee (Keta) for his personal help and generosity since I joined you.

Thanks again.

Mike.

Tightlines667

Possible candidate for photo of the month?
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Bunnlevel Sharker

Now that right there, is American ingenuity! Great job
Grayson Lanier

alantani

Quote from: Bunnlevel Sharker on November 17, 2013, 11:44:49 PM
Now that right there, is American ingenuity! Great job

absolutely!  except that he's from the uk!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

;D ;D, I believe he lived in Jersey, maybe that's where Mike got most of his knowledge ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Jerseymic

Hi Sal,

Which Jersey are you thinking of? I was born in Jersey Channel Islands an archipelago of British Crown Dependencies in the English Channel, off the French coast of Normandy, a rock of 45.5 sq. miles  ;D

I moved to Cornwall U.K. in 1988, I have asked myself many times why I moved when the fishing back home was so good!!

Best wishes,

Mike.

Alto Mare

Oops! Sorry Mike. Either way, I'm glad you're here.
I should be forgiven, I'm fluent in Italian, but just about getting by in English ;D.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bunnlevel Sharker

I thought he was from new jersey........still a great job ;D
Grayson Lanier

Jerseymic

No problem guys, yep I was born on that little rock in the English channel nearly 64 years  >:( ago.

Unfortunately never visited your country, wish I had, with the fishing you have and all those wonderful reels, I might never have left!

In this country, most of the reels you find are from 9/0 down.

I have a modest 21 Penn multipliers in my collection, the largest a 6/0, until a few days ago when I acquired a 116L in virtually mint condition, never been near the water!!

Now I know you guys are used to having and using these big reels, but I never dreamed I would physically see, let alone own one of these beauties, to say the least, I am over the moon as the saying goes.

Sal, I am pleased to be here too, I have learnt so much, but still a long way to go.

Mike.

WOW.  Your a reel artist.  My Mom spent some time in the Jersey Islands in the early 50's, working as a Nanny I think.  I remember her saying it was like summer in the Friesland Islands she came from.

Jerseymic

Quote from: 0119 on December 22, 2013, 03:43:03 PM
WOW.  Your a reel artist.  My Mom spent some time in the Jersey Islands in the early 50's, working as a Nanny I think.  I remember her saying it was like summer in the Friesland Islands she came from.

Summer is good back home, the Channel Islands have the most hours of sunshine in the British isles, I ask myself, why did I leave!!

Mike.

saltydog

Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Jerseymic

Quote from: saltydog on December 25, 2013, 11:42:40 PM
Very nice work, keep it up.

Thanks saltydog, I will try to, just waiting on a little 27 to be delivered to restore for the collection!

Mike.