A Round of Applause

Started by Marlinmate, November 17, 2013, 02:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlinmate

This guy deserves a round of applause...who ever you are.....solid work my friend. ;D

http://myfishingreels.weebly.com/penn-reels.html

FISHING IS THE SPORT OF DROWNING WORMS

harryk3616

WOW !  he gets more than an applause, un-reel

Cone

What a collection! That is incredible. 
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

john2244

That is by far the best collection I have ever seen!!!!   I would drive from Southern California anytime to see that collection in person.  I love the way the boxes and reels are displayed together. A message to the owner, if you ever see this post please send me a PM.

John

Alto Mare

Speechless!... Thanks for sharing this Jess.

Ok John, now I know it isn't you ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

doradoben

Thanks for posting the photos...

Cone

Sal, John was on my short list as could be the owner too.   ;D ;D
Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Shark Hunter

That is very Cool! I bet $25 was a lot of dough in 1936 for the first 115! ;)
Life is Good!

Dominick

Quote from: john2244 on November 17, 2013, 04:36:05 AM
That is by far the best collection I have ever seen!!!!   I would drive from Southern California anytime to see that collection in person.  I love the way the boxes and reels are displayed together. A message to the owner, if you ever see this post please send me a PM.

John
John:  Go to the home link the owner posted his email address.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

john2244

Thanks Dominick.  I will send him an email tonight.

John

Ron Jones

That is so awesome it is almost absurd!! I truly hope that that man has discussed what will happen with that bit of Americana with a museum. I also hope he documents the history he knows about these reels.

wow, just wow.

These reels hold a soft spot in my heart (as they do for many of you I am sure,) and this will let me sleep a little better tonight.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

wallacewt

for all you penn lovers that would bring a tear to a glass eye.amazing whats out there.

john2244

I had a nice conversation with the owner of the collection tonight.   Great guy and very knowledgable about reels.  What has been posted is only PART of his collection !!!   

John

Marlinmate

Can you elaborate on what else he's not showing?   ???

FISHING IS THE SPORT OF DROWNING WORMS