all the info you need!

Started by alantani, November 22, 2013, 01:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Porthos

Quote from: Porthos on December 09, 2013, 03:17:52 PM
Hopefully, this will be the trip that moves me from medium-range to long-range. Presented the idea to the wife yesterday...will see if it pans out soon.

I'm in. Will mail 1st payment check before this weekend.

Keta

Quote from: Porthos on December 11, 2013, 11:36:16 PM
Hopefully, this will be the trip that moves me from medium-range to long-range. Presented the idea to the wife yesterday...will see if it pans out soon.

Good!
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Norcal Pescador

Alan,
Make the check out to you or SOA? I just might be able to pull this one off. My wife says, "Go."  :) :) :o :) :)
So I dare not cross her. 8) 8)
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Dominick

Quote from: Norcal Pescador on December 12, 2013, 02:46:54 AM
Alan,
Make the check out to you or SOA? I just might be able to pull this one off. My wife says, "Go."  :) :) :o :) :)
Rob:  That'll get you out of your funk.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

Quote from: Porthos on December 11, 2013, 11:36:16 PM

nice! and remember, this is not a trip where you go crazy and buy a bunch of new tackle! 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

Quote from: Norcal Pescador on December 12, 2013, 02:46:54 AM
Alan,

most excellent!!!!!!  yes, check gets made out to me. 

alantani

crud.  just found out from annemarie that calico's will count toward our 30 fish limit if we keep them. 

Ron Jones

Well,
I will be catching bay bass all Sunday long. I love eating calico, but if that doesn't work out they are still fantastically fun to catch.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Keta

Quote from: alantani on December 12, 2013, 06:39:09 AMnice! and remember, this is not a trip where you go crazy and buy a bunch of new tackle! 

Too late!!!!  I picked up the Avet HXJ Raptor I've been wanting since they came out for a killer price, now I'm selling my HX to help pay for it. The rest of the gear I have.

If anyone is needing rods or reels for this trip several of us here have more than a few "spares".  It would be nice to know what I should bring for loaners so I can decide if I need to bring a trailer for gear ;D
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: alantani on December 12, 2013, 06:56:13 AM
crud.  just found out from annemarie that calico's will count toward our 30 fish limit if we keep them. 

Are calicos line-shy?  If so, use 80# mono in calico country. ;D
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Porthos

Quote from: Norcal Pescador on December 12, 2013, 04:20:06 PM
Quote from: alantani on December 12, 2013, 06:56:13 AM

Are calicos line-shy?  If so, use 80# mono in calico country. ;D

These are the Mexican waters Calicos...130lb main with wire leader.

alantani

bad news on the calicos.  annemarie says that calicos will count against out 30 fish limit if we decide to keep them.  we won't be able to sneak a bunch in.  that's what i was hoping for.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

let's just eat these calicos before the return... :) ;D

Jimmer

What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

floating doc

This trip is going to be like a 12 step program for tackle junkies! That alone would be enough to make me go.

I think it's a reasonably price trip; I just can't justify it for my own situation. My profession is in a crisis. I'm working now, but...

Maybe next year?
Central Florida