fish processing by five star (update - 10% off for processing)

Started by alantani, November 25, 2013, 01:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

I fish because I like to fish, not to bring fish home.  I get my share 'cuz I know to set the hook when it's in the fishes mouth. :D You can have most of my share.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

alantani

ok, i just confirmed with sarah of 5 star and annamarie on the spirit of adventure.  sarah's crew will meet us at the dock at 5am.  she and the spirit of adventure crew will off load our fish as soon as we arrive.  then the soa crew will have to give the deck and the carts a quick rinse and we can unload all of our gear.  once into our vehicles, let's have breakfast at denny's and then we can head out to 5 star to pick up our catch.  lee and rob need to be first on the road because they have the farthest to go.  then the bay area guys, then the fresno guys,and then the southern california guys.  for anyone that is catching a flight or needs to be on the road at a particular time, just holler and jump ahead of the line.  it's all good.  eddie and i plan on being the last out and will make sure that sarah get's paid out for anything left over. 

also, 5 star is giving us 10% off for going in as a group.  she is also coming in with an extra large crew to make sure our catch is taken care of quickly that morning.  last year, the guys got stuck behind two other boats with another processor and some of the bay area guys didn't get on the road until 3pm.  i'm hoping everyone will be on the road by 10am at the very latest. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Norcal Pescador

I'm staying after with my brother-in-law and sister, so I can be considered "local".
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: alantani on May 15, 2014, 11:24:54 PM
i'm hoping everyone will be on the road by 10am at the very latest.  

me too! I'm local but i have to be at my mother's 85th birthday celebration that day...

joel8080

I have a long flight to Oceanside to catch, so I will hang around till the end no problem.

Joel8080
Oceanside,California

alantani

we can figure out among us who needs to leave and when.  the important thing is that we not get stuck behind 1 or 2 other boats.  as long as we get to the dock on time, no one should have a problem getting out at a decent time.  like i said, i am hoping they will be done with the last fish by 10am. 

Keta

I'm in no hurry, if someone has to catch a flight they have priority.  I drive until tired, take a break then drive more.  Usually I can make it to between Chico and Anderson before the first break, then Grass Lake.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

you're the guy that we need to get on the road first.   ;D

Ron Jones

My wife is picking me up for the ride to Travis. We will buy a cooler to hold whatever our share of the catch is. She won't wake up early enough to get to the dock much before 10.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Dominick

I'm still working on getting down to San Diego to meet the boat and see the fish unloading.  Your son. Domiguchi   ;D ;D :D
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Big Tim

OK, now we are real close and I think it's great on the processing discount. Since I've never done this kind of trip, what would be a reasonable amount to budget for processing? Is everyone paying equal? Or if someone doesn't want to take home fish do the rest of us have to pick up the slack? I would hate to see someone foot a big bill at the end but like most of us I'm on a tight budget.

Input please

Big Tim

Bryan Young

Quote from: Big Tim on May 28, 2014, 11:54:13 PM
OK, now we are real close and I think it's great on the processing discount. Since I've never done this kind of trip, what would be a reasonable amount to budget for processing? Is everyone paying equal? Or if someone doesn't want to take home fish do the rest of us have to pick up the slack? I would hate to see someone foot a big bill at the end but like most of us I'm on a tight budget.

Input please

Big Tim
Alan indicated that he will pick up the slack...and will probably deliver the excess fish to his parent's home.

I will also cover a portion as I want fish  ;D since I am unable to go this year.  :(
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: Bryan Young on May 29, 2014, 12:05:03 AM
Alan indicated that he will pick up the slack...and will probably deliver the excess fish to his parent's home.

I will also cover a portion as I want fish  ;D since I am unable to go this year.  :(

good to know because i'll be happy with 200lbs or less of whole fish since I don't have the freezer for it and the budget too.

Big Tim

That will work...My Mom keeps trying to give me money for the trip, so maybe i will take it and if there is enough left over fishes and if I have the finances I will pay a bit extra and fill her freezer for her  ;D ;D ;D

Keta

We should be able to figure a per pound price and it's not fair to charge those that do not want fish or take less than a full crew share.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain