My boat. she won't win any beauty contests

Started by raumati01, December 04, 2013, 09:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raumati01

This is my boat, she's a 15 foot long alloy pontoon running a 70hp Johnson.The fishing area is bare -no seats , so there more room to deal with kingfish and less change of tripping over a rod. She has a small cabin upfront my boy sometimes has a nap in and electronics wise she has a furuno 585 and lowrance lms 525 as my gps. The rocket launcher was put on last week because I'm getting a canopy before winter.

BMITCH

Very cool  8) that must move along pretty quick? Could be a bit of a challange on a snotty day though! Thanks for the post.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

raumati01

Believe it or not for a pontoon she has quite a fine entry on her bow so she doesn't pound into waves like a lot of Pontoons do, the width and bouyancy is really handy for jigging and diving too. I've had her out in some rubbish weather before and the worst part has been the spray coming over the sides in a quartering sea, you're generally on the trim tilt a fair bit if the waves are fairly steep

wallacewt

hi raumati01
all fishing boats are pretty  ;)
now the skippers that a diff; story
they seem to be better looking a bit nor -west (1300 miles) ;D

spottybastard

That's a really nice rig.  Can you post some more pics of the hull? :o

Dominick

Quote from: wallacewt on December 04, 2013, 11:21:35 PM
hi raumati01
all fishing boats are pretty  ;)
now the skippers that a diff; story
they seem to be better looking a bit nor -west (1300 miles) ;D

Wallace makes my day.  I agree that anything that puts you on fish is pretty.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

raumati01

raumati01

Quote from: spottybastard on December 05, 2013, 02:59:54 AM
That's a really nice rig.  Can you post some more pics of the hull? :o

Cheers I hope you can make out the angles of the bow and stern in these, it;s a mix of two current designs senator on the stern and kiwikraft on the bow. Kiwikraft have round pontoons though.

Clem

Hi Raumati,

I used to have a Kiwikraft 550.. Similar in the bow alright, went very well for its length...felt like a much bigger boat. ride was surprisingly good considering the overhang of the solid pontoon, would get the occasional bang on the quarter when the swell was up but generally a very good and safe boat...about to head home in Jan so looking to buy another boat soon... :)

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Bryan Young

Looks close to a Stabi-Craft.  I know those are awesome handling boats. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

raumati01

Quote from: Bryan Young on December 05, 2013, 07:12:38 PM
Looks close to a Stabi-Craft.  I know those are awesome handling boats. 

They are great boats, one of their boats builders left and set up his own company called Frewza making very similar boats at a better price, they are getting quite popular here in Wellington  http://www.frewzaboats.co.nz

raumati01

Quote from: Clem on December 05, 2013, 03:40:53 PM
Hi Raumati,

I used to have a Kiwikraft 550.. Similar in the bow alright, went very well for its length...felt like a much bigger boat. ride was surprisingly good considering the overhang of the solid pontoon, would get the occasional bang on the quarter when the swell was up but generally a very good and safe boat...about to head home in Jan so looking to buy another boat soon... :)

The 550 is a nice rig, whereabouts are you from? My first boat was a little Kiwi 360, had a lot of fun in it and sold it to pay for a Hobie power skiff . I only have the one photo of it, me hooked up on the first kingie I caught in it

Clem

Mate I'm originally from Auckland but have been working and living in the Middle East for the last 5 years...now in Dubai..family is from the far nth so used to fish Out of Rangiputa..I really like the extra buoyancy that the pontoons provide..the old 550 was a great boat. The Blackdog cat has got my attention, made in Whangarei..have you seen them?