eccentric # 19-50w, drag cam.

Started by Neil0164, January 03, 2014, 01:38:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil0164

First of I would like to say Hi
Im a long time lurker sitting back searching and reading.

I have several 50-SW and 50-TW 

My question
Is there any way to change the cam pressure arc with out filing the eccentric to change the ramp angle. (Please note word arc.)

Why
i have filed the free spool plastic button holder and adjusted it higher so button  must be pushed to go to free spool and would like reel not to be in free spool and in such resist over run before i put it in free spool.
Standard configuration when drag is at the strike button set at 8kg/15lb for 24kg/50lb line i have free spool before i push button and go to what should be free spool.
Also at sunset I have lock up.

I have filled 1 eccentric to a flatter ramp angle and now get 1kg/2lb before free spool button 8kg/15lb at strike and 18kg/42lb at sunset
This is a real painful slow job and i ruined 2 eccentrics before i got 1 right

Changing the bevilie configuration seams to only change the preset load at at all points so a heavier setting gives me to much drag at strike when adjusted for resistance to over run, pre free spool.

Edit
found filing eccentric moves spool away from clicker, shim required between bevilies ()l() which also helps keep drag adjustment preset knob from bottoming out.

I live in New Zealand so im importing 5 more part 19s :-(