Homemade rod wrapper and dryer

Started by heckrazr, January 06, 2014, 08:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heckrazr

Aloha All, 

Just wanted to show you my homemade rod wrapper/dryer.  It's based around a Craftsman 10" tablesaw arbor from an old saw I had.  For the wrapping, an old sewing machine motor and foot control head up the duties.  For drying I used an old BBQ rotisserie motor. (it's cool cuz it has an on/off switch and can go either direction.  For holding up the rod I made some plywood supports with chamois set into the v notch I cut out.  Hope you like.
Maui is where the heart and soul belong.....very soon

Newell Nut

Very nice home engineering project. Looks stronger than the ones you buy from rod catalogs.

Bryan Young

That works.  I have used V-groved cardboard boxes, stands like yours, stands with furnature rollers, and my full on o-ring staggered rollers with top roller support.  Man, I need to work on my set-up again.  I have roller blade wheels to use now.  I just need to cut them down.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

LTM

Bryan,

I sure would like to see you post some of your favorite rods that you've rapped.

Leo

Bryan Young

Quote from: LTM on January 06, 2014, 08:55:09 PM
Bryan,

I sure would like to see you post some of your favorite rods that you've rapped.

Leo
I only have one pic that is posted http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=1779.0.

I never took many pictures of my rods.  All rods made were due to word of mouth and friends showing other friends my work.  If I could turn back time, I would have taken pictures of all of my rods that I wrapped.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

seaeagle2

I like your setup.
For thread tensioner I run the thread through a phone book, ( that may become obsolete, any body need an explanation of what a phone book is ?)
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

heckrazr

SeaEagle.....that's funny......laffs
Maui is where the heart and soul belong.....very soon

saltydog

Nice setup, getting the parts together to build a power wrapper for myself, this hand wrapping is getting to be a pain, literally.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur