Los Angeles Fishing Tomorrow Morning

Started by mrbrklyn, January 12, 2014, 06:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbrklyn

I'm hoping to get out on the Spitfire out of Marina Del rey, tomorrow morning if anyone wants to come and meet and fish for a day

http://spitfiresportfishing.com/

http://www.worldwidefishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2304&t=37323&sid=0b57ae65a30e21bb51a743c4f8d1aa15

spitfiresportfishing.com

http://spitfiresportfishing.com/special-view/34-day-fishing/

3/4 Day Fishing
Posted on March 12, 2012 by Terrence in

Open party trips run daily at 6:30am-3/4:00 pm and depart from dock 52 on Fiji Way.

Reservations preferred but , not mandatory.
Any questions Call the landing at (310) 822-DOCK (3625)

Full Fare $59.00
Senior Fare $54.00 (EXCLUDING WEEKENDS, AND HOILDAYS)
Kids 12 and under $49.00

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

DaBigOno

Quote from: BMITCH on January 13, 2014, 10:58:10 PM
Ruben, all I saw was bait? No fish?

Looks about right this time of the year for SoCal., but it sure beats 8 degrees!
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

BMITCH

Quote from: Dabigono on January 14, 2014, 03:36:58 AM
Quote from: BMITCH on January 13, 2014, 10:58:10 PM
Ruben, all I saw was bait? No fish?

Looks about right this time of the year for SoCal., but it sure beats 8 degrees!

That's funny...yeah you got that right! Lol

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Ron Jones

I don't actually see any fish in the photos, but I am glad that you made the run. Did you bring your gear or use the boats?
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

BMITCH

Thanks for the report. Looks like great scenery !

Bryan Young

Looks beautiful.  My inlaws are 5 minutes from that port.  I should check it out some time.  Looks like fun and sand dabs are yummy...FRIED...but then again, what isn't good fried. ;D

Thanks for sharing your adventure.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ron Jones

I'm guessing the orange fish were sculpin. You can actually eat them if they are big enough. I really enjoy sand dabs fried in a skillet with some garlic.
Sounds like typical fishing this time of year.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
"

Dominick

Quote from: mrbrklyn on January 14, 2014, 07:51:17 PM
yeah, sculpin.  The trouble is translating that into a specific species of fish so I can identify whether they are Kosher or not.  Eh, its vacation, so i gave them away.  Whatever they were, they weren't no Blackfish :)

Quote from: noyb72 on January 14, 2014, 08:06:27 PM
According to Kashrut your good.
Ron

Hey Ruben:  I thought all you had to do was look to see if the fish had gills.  No?   Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

SoCalAngler

Ruben,

Come on man let the locals know when your in town. I head out tomorrow but I'm heading south to Sandy-Egg-O, in hunt or bigger yellowtail. The fish have been running around 30lbs or larger and I would of been happy to give you a lift and any gear/tackle you may have needed. There are some nice fish at the Coronado Islands and if you fished there you could say you fished in Mexico.

Dominick

Hey Ruben, good to hear from you.  Where have you been?  You don't have to answer that.   ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Aiala

Quote from: mrbrklyn on October 07, 2015, 04:42:05 PM
...They have to be fish with scales that can be readily removed by your thumb. 

Snapir v'kaskesset. Sculpin are fine.  ::)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D