John beath rods

Started by Topshot, February 07, 2014, 05:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Go to ifish.net and ask there, they are Pacific NW orientated and this company is in the area.

http://www.ifish.net/board/index.php
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

Alright, I guess I'd better come clean here. I fish with several roller rods that are China made. They are Davis. I have to be honest, I love them. The bad news. Aftco filed suit against them for the patent on their rollers. My favorite is a two piece 130 to 160lb that is easy to transport and can bring the pain!

Another one on a 10/0.

This is my rainshadow 5'6" 130lb with Sharkskin Butt and Zirconium guides.
Life is Good!

Topshot

Hey you know my address bud so just let me know what the shipping costs you for that rainshadow and I'll be waiting for it  ;)
Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after.
Michael Baughman

Shark Hunter

This is the Guy that Makes them. They are quality builds for a good price. This one is 6'8. Mine is 5'6". I like to keep my Shark Rods under 6'.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Land-Base-Shark-Rod-6ft-8in-50-130lb-Shark-Skin-Tri-Foregrip-new-wrap-/370872776013?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5659bd754d
Life is Good!

Mudguts

Quote from: noyb72 on February 07, 2014, 11:10:30 PM
I know that I have caught 100+ pound halibut in 600+ feet of eater on Shakespeare made in China tidewater rods.  This rod has nicer components than those and cost a few bucks more. I am not saying that this rod is comparable to a Graphfighter but I'm sure it will accomplish what it is advertised for.
Ron

I also have a Shakespeare Tidewater 10-15kg rod. It's about 10 or 11 years old now and I can't fault it.

thunnus69

The Seeker Hercules blanks are tough to beat.  The 660H and 660XH are stout yet lightweight.  I have built some of my own rods on these and love them. 

thunnus69

Follow the link below. Scroll down to see Billy pulling on a Hercules 60H.  He helped Seeker design the blank.

http://northeastrodbuilders.com/stufftobuy/seekerherculesblanks.html

Keta

Quote from: thunnus69 on February 08, 2014, 12:10:46 AM
The Seeker Hercules blanks are tough to beat.  The 660H and 660XH are stout yet lightweight.  I have built some of my own rods on these and love them. 

I have 2 and love them.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bunnlevel Sharker

If they sold just the blanks for the Shakespeare tide waters, all my rods would be built on them. Killed many a fish with my 30-80
Grayson Lanier

Tightlines667

I like the looks of that RainShadow...
And O yea...
That 14/0 you have there is absolutely stunning!
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

The Rainshadow's are to go to rod for Sharkers in the know. ;)
Life is Good!

Ron Jones

I live down the road from Rainshadow. They have an outlet a little further down that is nice to walk around in. Great deals on rods put together with seconds. You can buy them cheaper than you can build them.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Shark Hunter

Ron,
If they have a 130 lb eglass rod 5'6" to 6". I am interested. It has to have a gimbal for the fighting belt and a 28mm reel seat for the big dogs!
Life is Good!

Ron Jones

I'll look next time I'm there.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!