great videos!

Started by alantani, February 08, 2014, 10:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

This just goes to show. Penn still makes them TOUGH! I don't know any of these people and could do without all the Shrieking going on from the Girl filming, But That Hammer is Colossal! Caught from a Bunch of Kids with a 14/0 Senator! ;)
Theres not too many reels you can spool with 1000 yards of 130lb mono for a $400.00 price tag! :o
Life is Good!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

maybe a not so great video but a perfect example of "things happen", you'll see a rod snap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qUC4o2abX8&list=UU3ee5TpJJAJ2Xs9yLpZs-Sg

Shark Hunter

Nicolaya's Fish looked like it was well within gaffing Range for too long. I would have been pissed! >:(
Its not considered caught until its in the Boat or on the Sand in my Book! ;)
Life is Good!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: Shark Hunter on March 26, 2014, 04:28:30 AM
Its not considered caught until its in the Boat or on the Sand in my Book! ;)

x2 but i'm thinking maybe he was releasing the fish because he was not gaffing it.

floating doc

That's some big hammer! I do have a question about the eyes.  Can an eye be injured when the fish has rolled on it's side and is being drug along the bottom?
Central Florida

Shark Hunter

I don't know Doc. You ever get any in the Vet office? ;)
You can show me when you are tail roping one. ;D
Life is Good!

floating doc

I've worked on a manatee, no fish. As for a dangerous animal, the tiger was pretty intimidating. I hope I get to help land one of these.
Central Florida

OldSchool

Quote from: floating doc on March 26, 2014, 05:24:57 PM
That's some big hammer! I do have a question about the eyes.  Can an eye be injured when the fish has rolled on it's side and is being drug along the bottom?

They use that head like a metal detector when looking for rays and when found drive there heads into the sand and pin/attack the rays so i would imaging the eyes have a number of layers of protection. The only thing injured on that big hammerhead was his pride...

floating doc

Thanks for the reply. I'm relieved to learn that. A fish of that size is really vulnerable to injury just from it's own weight on the sand.  On top of that, an injury to the sensory organs could result in death by slow starvation.

I've been invited to join Shark Hunter in May for my first beach shark fishing experience. I know that catch and release is a prime consideration for the dedicated beach sharkers, and that's a big factor in my going on that trip.
Central Florida

Bryan Young

One of my recent favorite videos esp. since salmon season is approaching
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

rod being tested with a 114 (drag locked with a vise grip).

that girl put the weights on the scale like they were nothing.

maxpowers

Dominick

Maxpowers, showing that to Daron will make him ruin his keypad from drool.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

I've seen these guys in action before. That Russian is crazy! His name is Peter. I would love to have him as a backup. This one is my Favorite, and made me want a Tiagra 130.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDW_K8LMTQc&index=3&list=PLFD08D78499A84CEF
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

I Love this shot of Josh and Peter! These guys have no fear! :o
Life is Good!