great videos!

Started by alantani, February 08, 2014, 10:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

That's already on page 3 Mel.
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Here is the latest from Josh and Peter. Man, these guys make it look easy. 120" hammerhead reeled in in 20 minutes with a 14/0!
Penn Rules! ;D They are actually just coaching here and let William do the work.

Life is Good!

floating doc

That looked a little painful with the harness and no plate!  :o
Central Florida

Shark Hunter

I would not even attempt to hold that 14/0 up without a fighting belt and Harness. Even a 12/0 with a 100lb fish on the end is a lot to hold on to until you get strapped in. Once you sit the gimbal in the fighting belt, It is instant relief! Then you just lean back. That upper body harness is a Disaster waiting to happen.
I put my harness on unknowingly upside down and a little 4' Blacktip had me staggering around. I couldn't get my Balance. It put the pressure point in the center of my back.
You need that leverage on your legs and your Butt! Thats why they call it a Bucket Harness. It makes it a whole lot easier! ;) Plus its easier on the Boys. ;D He had to be feeling that the next day.
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Those guys are a little to Extreme for me Al. The first wave that took me down, would be enough. ::)
Life is Good!

DaBigOno

Quote from: Shark Hunter on May 17, 2014, 12:01:33 AM
Those guys are a little to Extreme for me Al. The first wave that took me down, would be enough. ::)

Daron, you're probably right. 

"My body keeps telling me I can't, but my pride tells me I can"
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

alantani

Quote from: erikpowell on May 16, 2014, 09:31:55 PM

On that subject Mark, allow me to share a video of a friend here..and our first attempt at an ad for our local shop.

Everyone, meet The Donno.   Cheers

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

John posted this up on SOS. Its a great Video that Josh made of Blacktips Chasing topwater lures.
He took the hooks off of them just to make this Video. They are feisty little Devils. It really shows here how fast and voracious they are. I plan on eating one of them real soon. ;)
Life is Good!

PE Pete

My previous PB Kingy caught just north of Auckland close to Little Barrier Island 26kg. No longer PB since recent trip trip to 3Kings NZ.
Hope the vid link works.
Cheers Pete

Shark Hunter

The link worked great Pete. You earned your money on that one! ;)
Life is Good!

PE Pete

Cheers Shark Hunter glad you enjoyed it mate!
The Kingys over here pull pretty hard as you can see.

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

"the king of tuna"...